Iida's Fight!

Chapter 43

a/n: Hello! Author here, just wanted to let yall know that this chapter and the next ones will be a bit mixed up from the story in the manga. I will basically mix events as this story will slowly transition to a canon/AU in the next last chapters and in the next book! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the alleys of Hosu City, a pro hero scouting the area got caught in a lurking villain's web. The villain easily and immediately injured their prey to the highest extent and resulted with the prey to be dead. This lurking villain's identity is known to be The Hero Killer: Stain. 

After he finished his prey, he said these words,

"Fame... Money... No matter where ya go, they've got the nerve of calling themselves "heroes" hah what a joke!" 

"Hnnn... None of you pathetic losers are a damn hero... Only HE is. Only he can be allowed to do me in... Is ALL MIGHT hahhh," 

Back in the Sports Festival, Midoriya's extreme treatment came into play.

"For the time being, I was able to proceed with the treatment enough to make you walk again," Recovery Girl said as she held onto his right hand.

"Thank you so much Ma'am," Midoriya thanked as he looked at the scars on the back of his right hand.

"Remember, this is your consequence for abusing you know what so much in a short amount of time!" Recovery Girl scolded.

"Let the warped shape your right hand has taken be a warning," 

"And from now on, you can bet that I won't treat wounds like these," this alarmed both All Might and Midoriya.

"Please, instead of continuing with such an intense method, why not think of another method the boy can do without hurting himself so much," Recovery Girl requested. Soon later the two were pushed to go out of Recovery Girl's clinic and once they were walking back to the viewing boxes, Midoriya felt sluggish all over again.

"Think of a different method...? Huh?" All Might said to himself, thinking.

"All Might.." Midoriya said and All Might's thought was interrupted.

"Yes?" All Might said and waited for Midoriya to continue.

"The reason you came to UA was... To originally find a successor right?" Midoriya questioned.

"Today I saw everyone fighting with no holding back and I felt their keen, unwavering determination in my bones," Midoriya continued and All Might stood there as he spoke.

"So I-"

"So are you saying that mightn't someone else be the one who should be my successor? Is that right?" All Might asked before Midoriya could finish his statement.

"..... Yes," Midoriya said with defeat, All Might was silent before he could continue.

"Well it is certainly true that here, fledgling, legendary heroes-to-be abound but..."

"One For All is the crystallization of power... And if one with a quirk, let's say Todoroki shounen, for argument's sake.. Inherited it then we would have gotten a superhero with mega strength added with ice and fire." All Might explained.

"So then-"

"However, I too used to be quirkless." All Might said, interrupting Midoriya once again. Midoriya turned around as he gasped in shock.

"While not to the extent of your generation, it was a rare case back in my days. My Master did have a quirk but he nonetheless believed in me and raised me," All Might explained.