Chapter 2: Unexpected

The next day, I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Just as soon as I was about to open my eyes, I felt a huge amount of cold water splash onto me.

Fuckkkkk!!!!

"Appa!", I screamed and opened my eyes, glaring at him. My father just laughed at me.

"You look good like that", my father said and let out another laugh. I groaned.

"We're leaving in an hour. Make sure you look presentable. We don't want them to get scared by your morning look, do we?", he smiled at me.

He's not wrong. My morning look isn't the best. My hair would be flipped to the other side for some reason, my eyes would only open halfway due to still being sleepy, my face looks oily as if someone poured an entire bottle of coconut oil on me and my clothes aren't neat.

Although I admit my morning look can be classified as the worst look in a competition if there even was one, this only means that I had a good sleep. However, that's my usual morning look before I get a pail of cold water poured on me. Now, I just look like a wet poodle dog who get drenched in the rain. Great.

"Nope! I don't want them to get a heart attack", I giggled. "Still, I'm pretty sure that appa noticed that I was awake. Then, why did appa pour the water?", I ask, going back to grumpy Radha.

"Yes, appa noticed but I can't waste the water. So, I used it by splashing you. Plus, that's the only way I know to wake you up since you aren't a light-sleeper", he shrugged.

I slapped my forehead at his reasons. Isn't splashing the water on me counted in wasting water? I couldn't argue in my head about the sleeping part my father mentioned as that one is true. Ugh, I hate it when his reasons are reasonable and straight up facts!

"Wear something that is simple and decent, Radha. After all, the way you look is very important to any kind of Indian families", he said before closing the door and leaving with the pail he had brought.

I should get rid of that annoying pail. Yes, I should get rid of my rival but if I get rid of it, a new rival will appear! Damn, the pail.

Without wasting anymore time, I headed to the bathroom with my hair tied into a messy bun and a purple shirt that had a small sparkling heart logo at the left side and a pair of dark blue jeans.

~♡~

We started to load the boot with a lot of carrying luggages and a decent amount of small bags. We may be a family that consists of only four members but the amount of bags we'd pack for a trip is just insane!

If you were to pass by us, you'd think that we're moving houses. However, that's not the case as we're just visiting our distant relatives to celebrate Deepavali Day with them. Oh, and don't get me started on the amount of food my parents had prepared for them! Well, it's mostly because we can't go to one's house empty-handed but despite that, I know my parents are just trying their best to make a good first impression.

I could remember clearly about that one time when we didn't make a good impression. Was he and his family being judgy? Totally.

He stared at the bags of food then to my parents. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"That's it? That's the amount of bags you are about to give us?", he scoffed. "There are 10 people who are living in my house and you only give us 5 bags of food? Unbelievable", he said, earning a glare from my father. I watched everything while holding my brother's hand tightly.

It was the first time I heard someone speak it my father like that and it pained me that he couldn't do anything but stand there with my mum and get embarrassed.