Chapter 38: Mission Fail?

As I lay on the bed with my head hanging on the edge and my phone pressed to my ear, I listened to each and everything that Githa and Katherine were going on about. I mean rambling.

G: I don't get it.

K: What, dumbass?

G: Viraj is definitely obsessed with me. Even when I'm angry, he still admires me and-

K: If you don't shut up, I'll make you.

G: I don't mind being gay for you, Kath. Let's split the responsibilities. You'll do the kissing while I'll handle the f-

R: Deyh! Both of you can discuss your dimensional lives another time. Let's focus on our work issues now.

K: Oh yeah, that reminds me! Ryder is so overprotective. Last night, a random dude was walking beside me and Ryder literally threw me over his shoulder then wrapped an arm around my exposed waist. I knew wearing a saree whenever we went out together would get someone worked up!

I can already imagine Katherine kicking her feet up in the air just at the thought of him. What a great duo. A boy who wants her all to himself and a girl who was an overwhelming attraction for him.

G: To me, the two of you are just complete psychos.

K: Yeah yeah. I can say the same about you and your lover boy, Viraj.

G: Shut up, okay. Viraj and I will never be that cringy couple like how you guys are.

R: Ay, Githa. Should I remind you about that one time you call me over and over again just because you made psychical contact with my stepbrother? I legit had to hear your lustful thoughts for MY brother. I couldn't fucking sleep, asshole!

K: And you call my relationship disgusting, huh? You're even worse than me, Githa.

Githa scoffed loudly and knowing her, I bet she's rolling her eyes because she has no place to argue.

G: Anyways, how's your work life? Everything ok there?

R: It's okay but because it's okay, it's weird.

K: How? If everything is okay, it means that the missing is done.

R: I don't know. Lately, Lashven's parents haven't tried anything to him. Ever since I've been here to be exact.

G: Isn't that a good thing? You can get your paycheck and move to the next mission.

R: No, something is wrong. It's so obvious. If not, why hasn't the higher-ups informed me that the mission is complete?

G: Hmm, true that.

K: Something is definitely going on, babe.

R: Isn't that what I've been saying, Kath?

Suddenly, I heard the room door creak open.

Crap! Lashven's coming.

"Sky. Sky. SKYYYY!!!".

"Roger that. Over".

"Over".

He couldn't have a better timing now, could he?