Chapter 8: Girl On Duty

"You must be joking!", I yelled to my boss after hearing his words through my earpiece.

"I'm not, Agent Radha. Katherine is in serious danger and I mean it", he said with a sigh.

H-how could this be? Katherine was always careful. Too careful on her assigned missions. Luckily, I'm well-prepared for this as I secretly brought the attire I need to wear as an agent and a few handy weapons. Whoever dates to touch my girl, Katherine, is definitely going to feel my wrath.

"I'm on it. Send me her location", I demanded.

A few seconds later, a notification from my agency app appeared, revealing the location of Katherine Davidson. The location was only about 10 minutes away from Lashven's house.

Someone's about to have my handprint on their cheek forever. I smirked at the thought.

I quickly put on my black agent suit and then I wore regular clothes on top of it. I grabbed my dark brown sneakers and headed to the door. Before I could grab the handle, my mom stopped me.

"Where are you going?", she asks.

"Rainbows", I answered with a stern face.

"Rainbows?", Lashven asks me. I crossed my arms and asked back, "What's wrong with rainbows?".

"Don't bother answering her dumbass", my brother said, joining in the conversation.

"She and amma has a weird obsession with rainbows", he scoffed. I rolled my eyes at his statement.

It seems like you are the dumbass, Viraj anna. Not me. Me and Amma aren't crazy about seven colours that just appears in the sky. It's a secret code that is used to describe that one of our agents are in a critical state of danger.

"I'm going", I said.

"Can I come?", Lashven asked me.

Well, that depends. Will you not call me a monster and make fun of me after seeing a part of me? I don't think so.

"No", I deadpanned and left in a hurry.

~♡~

"KATHERINE! KATHERINE, WHERE ARE YOU?", I yelled out loud but only silence answered me.

Fuck. This is bad. Real bad.

Just as I was deep into thinking where my lovely partner in crime would be, I heard Katherine's voice. It was a recorded one.

"I know that isn't Katherine. So whoever you are, come out this instance, jerkface!", I yelled and got into my fighting position.

"Clever", he said. "That agent friend of yours seems a lot more dumber than you", he spat, making my fists to clench hard.

"Awwww", he cooed. "Did I hit a nerve, little girl", he asked and laughed out loud.

Oh, you for sure did, buddy.

Without wasting any time, I sprinted my way towards the man and pounched on him. I immediately punched his jaw and I think I broke it. Whoops! I think instead of giving him a slap, this would be a much better reminder for him to never mess with the agents.

He groaned in response but he did not give up yet.

Alright then, bring it on!

"So, do you want to do this as a physical fight or do you want to fight me by words?", I asked and he answered me quickly.

"Words!".

I knew you would pick that.

"I'll let you get a headstart since you sound so confident", I smirked.

"Your name is Radha. You're 18. You hate it when it's awkward. You hate yourself. You always thought on killing yourself. You finished your studies later than everyone. You get picked on for no reason. When you were bullied in high school, you would never fight back because you don't want to make a scene", he said and whispered 'pathetic' under his breath.

"I must say, you're pretty good", I said. "But it's my turn now", I continue and smiled innocently to him.

"Jackson Ryder. Just turned 21 and enjoying his life to the fullest. He may seem happy and cocky but behind that wall, it's just a boy that's trying to escape this reality. He has thought of cutting himself multiple times but didn't have the heart to do it.

He hates that he's completely useless to himself and the world. He had lost his parents at 12 and have been living in his house alone for many years because he didn't want to visit his grandparents since they had abused him.

Friends are not even in the to-do list of his because he'd rather be alone since he had been alone since his parents death.

Furthermore, Jackson Ryder always got bullied for not having parents". I stopped for a while to see his reaction.

He's crying. Now, I can see the real Jackson Ryder and not the fake one who puts his walls up to show no weakness.

"H-how do you know a-all of this? You s-spying on me or s-something?", he asked as tears streamed down his face. I walked towards him and pulled him into a hug.

"More likely", I whispered. "I am an agent after all", I chuckled. I heard him chuckle after me and that made me smile. I am happy that someone smiled and laughed because of me.

I let go of him and playfully scolded him.

"Your words were filled with lies except for the part where you mentioned my name, age and the awkward thing", I pouted and that earned another chuckle from him.

"Umm...", he started nervously.

"I'm sorry about..... throwing stuff at your friend and forcing her to have sex with me", he muttered. "S-she's in my room", he added.

"It's no biggie, really. Things like this happens to us all the time. However, can you really blame us for being confident, sexy and nice?", I giggle and found him smiling cutely like a little boy. It has always been lovely to make someone who's so broken down to show their smile and remember how great smiling is.

"Yeah, can you really blame us, little boy?".

"Katherine!", I squealed and squeezed her so tight.

"Woah! Easy on the hugs. Not a hugger", she said. She always says that she ain't a hugger but she never tries to push me off or whatsoever.

Suddenly, Katherine glanced at jerkface and I was confused. I finally understood when she spoke.

"Could you try to not rip my clothes next time? These were new!", she whined.

"I don't care! You are buying my new clothes! No arguing allowed", she said with her eyebrows crossed. Jackson nodded his head at Katherine.

"And you!", she turned her gaze to me. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO SAVE YOUR JULIET, USELESS ROMEO?!", she yelled and flicked my forehead.

"Ow!", I grunted. "Well, that's a long story", I said and rolled my eyes. A stupid story.

~♡~

I ran back all the way to Mr Krishav's house after I was done with my work, back in my regular clothes. I opened the door and went inside after taking my sneakers off my feet. After I took of my sneakers, it felt like my feet could finally breathe again.

Once I was inside, I saw someone with their arms crossed and a face that is going to burst soon out of anger.

"You are late", he stated. I gulped at the way he sounded.

I'm so screwed.