Chapter 36: You're A Distraction 🥴😘

"AKKA!", a little girl I was all too familiar with came running in full speed towards me. She then pecked a kiss on my lips and I smiled at her.

"You missed me that much, huh?". She nodded, hugging my neck with her tiny arms. "I missed you too, Kiara", I said and patted the back of her head.

"Seriously, Kiara. Out of all of the options to greet her, you just had to choosing 'kissing', right? Monkey", Lashven scowled. Later, he hugged me from behind and sternly said, "This pretty girl belongs to me. Go la, shoo!".

"Blehhhh", Kiara stuck her tongue out at him. I couldn't help but laugh at them. "If I had not introduced you two, anna wouldn't even have acknowledge her, hmmph!", she scolded and crossed her arms together.

That is true though. I nodded in agreement.

"Wrong. Even without introduction, I would've still acknowledged her because we used to be classmates. Sleeping....ah yes! I remember her sleeping in the class a few times and show her silly smiles. Anyone would be stupid to forget the smile of a starlight", he laughed, hugging me tighter.

"Anna, I can't argue with that!", Kiara said, pouting.

He recognized me at school? Wait... out of all the moments at school, he remembers me sleeping? That's so mean of him, asshole! To be honest, I was stunned but more likely surprised because I've always kept a low profile and was not really the type people would want to approach because I somehow scare them away with just my looks itself. But seriously, sleeping is the best memory of me he's got?! Ughhhhh, what a stupid memory. Hope I wasn't drooling....AIYAYOOOO!!!

What if I was drooling? Arghhhh! I must've looked so ugly while sleeping with my hair probably in mouth and scratching my nose everytime it gets itchy without realizing. I'm crying.

"I--um...Kiara look at the prize we had won for you!", I said, casually trying to change the subject so that I wouldn't have to buy myself an inhaler soon due to a specific someone who keeps taking my breath away.

No, seriously though. I need to buy a fucking inhaler to deal with all of his bullsh*t.

I gave her the Charmander plushie and she immediately grabbed it then puts it into her purple baby stroller. The way I see it, she pretty much loves it because she is literally pushing the stroller all around the house now.

"So....", I started.

"Are you kidding?".

"No, I'm Lashven". I slapped him on his head. He smiled and rubbed his now aching head.

"I wasn't joking, Radha". He looked at me with a straight face and then slowly leaned his face closer to mine.

'What la?', I thought in confusion. So, this the part where they'll say blink twice if you need help, huh....

"You.Are.Being.Ri-di-cu-lous", I spelled out and poked his chest with my index finger on each word I said. He caught my finger when he finally had enough and held it in a firm grip.

"Rooftop. Remember?". That's when we held a long and quite awkward eye contact. "I remember it clearly. You looking down, possibly at the cars simply passing by as if it's your first time seeing one. You were in a squatting position while singing a song. I think it went on a little like this;

Little Bear,

Close your eyes and ears.

Forget the night where you had your tears.

Little Bear,

Please sleep well and forget all your fear,

As you need to be brave,

Just in case!

I disappear...

Now, I'm really tearing up. The song of my late-father. Been years since I heard that song, especially when I decided to not have any storage left for him in myself. He was not the best appa but also not exactly the worse if I might say. That song of his for me when I was little is kind of a proof that he's caring in a way although this short melody is the one and only thing that doesn't make him seem like the bad guy. I began to wipe my eyes dry with my sleeve and then all of a sudden, a message notification popped up on my watch.

2276: Agent Radha, congrats on turning 18! 🎉🎊 I expect you know what this message is all about then.

Then, it finally clicked in my mind. I was supposed to buy myself a car! What time is it anyway? I hope I could still make it. Should I just run to the nearest shop to get myself a car? Or I could walk. Yeah, walking sounds good rather than running like I'm a wanted criminal.

"Akka, where are you going? You just got here".

"Errands. Car errands?".

Car errands, seriously. I sound like a fool. Wise men sayyyyyyy, only fools fall in loveeeeeee. Okay brain, shut up now.

Without a doubt, Lashven stood up to follow me. I would have to retake my IQ test if I were to ask the reason of him standing up. So, I just let it be. Plus, I'm sure Lashven knows more about cars than himself.

Pfft, roasted! Imagine if he actually heard that. I'd probably be-

"Dead. You'd be dead", he finished my sentence out loud.

And I just bought myself a free ticket to hell. Hi, Lucifer! Not very nice to meet you too.