Chapter 30: Fate Being On Our Side? 🤷‍♀️💜

"In the end, the smile of the common villager had saved everyone from the treacherous beast. That's because the cold, big and arrogant beast has fallen for the villager and promised that he'll never disturb the village ever again but under one condition.....".

The children gasped loudly when they heard about the twist in my story.

"The common villager must marry the beast. Now, since the common villager has fallen deeply in love with the beast as well, she accepted the proposal while showing another one of her bright and beautiful smiles at him. They lived happily ever after", I said and closed the children's storybook with a soft smack.

"D-dows the v-vilager leawes her family?", Lina, a-four-year-old girl asked with a frown.

"Oh, Goddess Radha, Lina", I chuckled a little. "The villager is an orphan but she most certainly considers the beast as her family", I smiled. In return, Lina smiled back and started to jump up and down in joy.

Suddenly, I was startled with a hug. I looked down and saw a cute boy with a heart shaped birthmark on his right cheek, Nate, squeezing me tightly with his tiny hands. I then played with his brown shoulder-length hair and swiftly move them with my fingers.

"I wuv you, Radha akka", he mumbled shyly. I giggled and kissed the top of his head. I carried him and help him to sit on my lap. He later lay on my chest, getting all comfy.

He's so adorable.

In the midst of the calming silence, my phone rang and I knew it was an important call that I must take. Slowly, I put Nate down and waved goodbye to everyone. All of the children in the hospital ran towards me and gave me a huge group hug. Really, children are truly adorable and I'm here for it!

♡♡♡

"Radha, what the hell is going on with Lashven and Viraj?!! I keep getting danger signs from your missions and I sure do not like those", my boss said sternly.

"Well, Satan got married to an Angel. Then, they had hybrid kids and together, their children created an evil yet good chaos", I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and clicking my tongue out of frustration.

"This is not funny, agent. Those two boys are facing some serious issues and you're being sarcastic at this time? I honestly didn't expect this especially from you. Do you know how disappointed I am of you? Focus. Send me their report immediately and please keep a close eye on the both of them", he said, slapping strict words at me. I let out a long silent exhausted sigh.

I'm so tired of doing these missions. I've done so many but this.....this is just beyond my imagination. This is the most tired I've been working as an agent.

"I've already sent a very detailed email, sir. I can assure that everything is being taken care of. Have a nice day". After that, he hung up the phone angrily. Tears started to build up in my eyes.

As if he'll have a nice day after seeing the danger signs from his own second best agent. Tchhh...

I kept my phone into my pocket and kept walking forward with my head bend down. Tears streaned down my cheeks as my boss's words ringed in my ears like a call ringtone. It has been a habit of mine that I wish to get rid of but could never do it.

I wish I did better. I should've done better! However, no matter what, people would always find my flaws instead of what I perfect myself in.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone and all of my things fell on the ground with a loud thud.

"I'm so sorr-", we both said at the same time. We then begin to laugh a little and I started to pick me things up.

As I was picking up my dark blue file, his hand touched mine and sent electricity to my body. I jolted at the feeling, confused on why that happened because that only happens when I'm with him.

No, it's not possible. He wouldn't be working here.....right?

I looked him in the eyes and got lost in his moonlight eyes once again. His black undercut hairstyle that has always made me head over heels for him. Those soft lips he has, kissed me more than once and made me think that we were fated to be with each other. Plus, the best personality to have on the inside and outside.

I'm not doing this.

I snatched my file harshly and finally stood up with an emotionless look plastered on my face. Just when I was about to turn around and leave, Lashven stood up quicker than you could call for Flash and grabbed my arm.

"Radha, we need to talk".

"I'm not making any room for a conversation to happen between us, Lashven". He pulled on my arm harder, forcing me to turn around and look at him in the eyes. He has never liked it when I don't look at him while he's talking.

"How do you know Akarsh Darsh?".

I officially have the most shittiest fucking life ever.