Chapter 32: Light My Way 💡💜

RECAP

"What are you trying to say?".

"Let's give our first date another shot".

END OF RECAP

I think I laughed so hard that I even snorted along the way. Lol!

"Why are you laughing? I'm being completely serious here, Radha", he said.

"Pfft! What's the point, huh? What exactly is the fructose point of giving us a second chance, Lashven? For me to publicly humiliate myself again? Not a chance", I told, crossing my arms together.

Needed to keep the bad words censored so that the adults wouldn't file a complaint on me. If they can, that is.

"No. It's because I can feel a special connection between us and I know for sure that if I walk down this road, there'll be no turning back. However, if I don't and miss it, this will be the biggest mistake I've ever done in my life", he told, making me to look at him in awe.

"Bigger than cheating on your exams?", I laughed.

"Y-yes", he chuckled nervously.

Aww, that's cute. I like it when he's nervous.

I looked at my watch and realized that my shift for the day is over. With that, I fished my phone out and booked a car to pick me up. As I was scrolling through my phone, Lashven leaned a little closer and peeked at my screen.

"What are you doing?", he asked me.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm booking a car through the Uber app", I replied.

"Why? I mean it's not like you can't. You can but I just think it's dangerous that you let strangers to send you home. For all you know, he might be a wanted serial killer!".

I ignored all of his worrying words and texted my Uber driver my location. At the same time, Lashven's message ringtone went off. He looked very confused but I simply smiled cheekily at him.

"Wait....you sent me your location?", he asks me with a raised brow.

I lazily shrugged, leaving him stunned. Then, I walked towards my Uber's car with slow steps. While walking, I glanced over my shoulder, seeing Lashven still looking as confused as ever. I shook my head at his stupidity. Finally, I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face him.

"Hey!", I called out, which immediately caught his attention. "If you keep standing there like a goddamn statue, I'm going to have to give you a 1-star-rating instead of a 5 for being such a slowpoke", I said loudly and put my hands on my hips.

Lashven smiled brightly at me before running in full speed towards me. I thought I had a chance to outrun him since I was slightly further away from him but Lashven was quick enough to catch up to me and lift me off the ground. He spun me around like we were on a carousel and I held onto him tightly with a smile displayed on my face.

Finally, he put me down and we both walked to his white Bugatti Centodieci. Inside his car, there are many fast food stickers to be seen on the window frame. For example, the McDonald's sticker.

I totally understand him because I would do the same thing if I had my own car. My mouth started to water when I begin imagining the countless free food I could get from multiple fast food restaurant stickers.

Who wouldn't want free food? It's legit bliss!

I can never wonder someone saying no to that. What I can wonder is how many car this rich jerk actually has because he always drives a different car every week. The cars he drives aren't the old and forgotten brands. No, the cars he drives will always be new and the latest model.

I caught a whiff of the scent in the car and it smelled exactly like his cologne. I bite down on my bottom lip when I felt both my cheeks and ears turn red from blushing too hard. The air-conditioner is pretty useless in my opinion since it wasn't doing its job to cool me down. No offense.

"Ready?".

"Yeah", I said, smiling widely.

Thinking he was driving me back home, I got surprised when he was driving us somewhere else. This jerk never ceases to amaze me, does he?

Twinkling Firelight ᴿᴸᵛजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें