Chapter 22: Don't Take It Personally~

"Where's the WiFi?! I can't live without Wifi. I don't even have mobile data! HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE?", my brother cried.

"Firstly, you're breathing and secondly, you're alive. So, technically you are still surviving", Kiara answered back with a smile.

"The adults probably turned off the WiFi because all of us went out for camping", I shrug and continued to play offline games on my phone.

"Hey, what are you playing?", Lashven asks as he peeked over to see my phone screen.

"Oh, it's just the classic dino game that can be played when there's no WiFi. You can only play it at Chrome from my experience", I said and tried my best to beat my previous highscore.

I was super duper sure that I would beat it but I failed as I was one mark away from beating the highscore. Ugh! I hate it when this happens. I frustratingly put the phone into my pocket and crossed my arms together.

I hate that stupid dino game.

"For centuries, I had no food nor water and now, I'm afraid it's goodbye", my brother said dramatically and wiped away his tears.

"Oh my lord Krishna, Anna! It's only been like what? An hour without Wifi? Just stop whining! If you whine more, face the expensing black and gold wall to do so", I groaned loudly, exhausted with my brother.

Suddenly, I got a call and I quickly picked it up after seeing the name of the caller. Once I allowe the person to talk to me by clicking the green colour button with a phone symbol on it, I knew I needed to get my hearing checked because I know there's no absolute way that my ears could've handled that loud and angry voice. It was none other than my own Amma.

I swear, everyone just wants my hearing to be gone before I turn 30-years-old, don't they?

"Young lady, you better give me a clear explanation on where all of you are!", she yelled. I distanced the phone away from my ear and pinched the bridge of my nose, officially done with everyone's bullshit.

"Ma, we're just back at Mr Krishav's place. We didn't like camping. We're modern kids and camping has never made it to the word 'modern' at all. Chill, amma" I said, lying through my teeth.

It's really bad to lie but desperate times calls for desperate measures. Although my mum is an agent herself, I can't straight up tell her that the boys were about to get killed. That'll only spoil her mood during the camp and make her sad. Yeah, not going to let that happen.

She sighed in relief and said, "Okay, Amma will be chill. We will be back in two days. Oh, and there will be a huge party for Deepavali. Be sure to get a fantastic clothing for that day. Alright, bye Radha".

That was a lot of words.

"What did amma say?" my brother ask, right after I said goodbye to her.

"Eh, just that they'll be back in two days and there'll be a huge party for Deepavali", I answered. He nodded and played it cool.

I stood up from my seat and pulled Lashven by his arm to stand up as well. He narrowed his eyes at me then groaned softly.

"Are you going somewhere, akka?", Kiara asks me with her big confused eyes.

"Yes, babygirl. I'm going to AEON for shopping", I smiled to her and pulled on Lashven's arm harder which made him to grunt.

"If you want to go shopping, why are you trying to bring me along?", Lashven asks me.

"This is payback for splashing water at me earlier", I smirked.

"Haha, very funny", Lashven laughed but I showed no emotions.

"You are....joking, right? Who would be offended because of water", he nervously laughed and finally stopped laughing when he realised I was dead serious.

"I'm pretty offended, jerk", I stated. "Now, move it!", I screamed at my cousin.

Poor guy. He was so scared, he immediately ran outside to his car, Pagani Huayra, parked at the garage.

Ah, sweet revenge. I love getting back at people. My favourite hobby and play date. I wish revenge could be my boyfriends but unfortunately, it's just a word. Damn.