The Killer Is Revealed!

Makoto: B-But why? Why would she write that?

Kyoko: The note was likely her way of getting in touch with a certain someone. She must have slid it under their door to let them know she wanted to meet with them in secret. 

Hifumi: If you got an invitation like that from the Ultimate Pop Sensation, what young man could resist? Of course, I'm only into 2D so it wouldn't have any effect on me! 

Celeste: ...But can we be sure anyone even got this note? And honestly, even if they did, I do not think they are at all involved in what happened. 

Chihiro: Huh? What makes you say that? 

Celeste: Hmhm... Would you like to hear what I have to say? Very well, then. Pay attention! Sayaka and Makoto switched rooms, correct? But in the note, the place they were asked to come to... It specifically says "my room".

Chihiro: I see... So if someone read that note... then they would have gone to Sayaka's room! 

Celeste: Exactly. The room that Makoto was staying in.

Y/N: Sorry, but that's wrong. That would've been correct... if there wasn't one crucial bit of evidence that suggests another alternative... Makoto, you know what I'm talking about, right?

Makoto: The nameplates on my and Sayaka's rooms got switched.

Celeste: They got... switched? 

Kyoko: That's right. The nameplates got switched, just like the rooms themselves. As a result, the nameplate on Sayaka's room actually had Makoto's name. And the nameplate on Makoto's room had Sayaka's. 

Byakuya: So what you're saying is, the room Sayaka was staying in, was actually marked as her room. 

Chihiro: Then... if someone did do what the note said, they would end up at Makoto's room, where Sayaka was...

Wyatt: So that may prove that all the girls are innocent as well, since if one of them were the killer then they would have been able to notice that the rooms are... Wait, do the rooms even look different?

Makoto: The colour of the bedsheets are different.

Wyatt: Yeah, so if it was a girl then they surely would have noticed! 

Walker: There was a struggle, most likely instantly, so I doubt they'd take the time to notice the bedsheets are the same colour as the girls' ones. Also, they would just assume all bedrooms had the same colour.

Zion: Also, why would that change anything? If the killer noticed something peculiar about the bedsheets then only they are noticing-

Kyoko loudly cleared her throat.

Kyoko: AHEM! Moving back to what Chihiro said, their rooms are right next to each other. So switching the nameplates would be no problem. And the one who switched the names was... Well of course it wasn't you, right Makoto?

Makoto: R-Right...

Leon: Okay... then who did it?

Makoto: Me and Sayaka were the only ones who ever knew about us switching rooms. 

Wyatt: What about Y/N?

Y/N: I only saw Makoto entering Sayaka's room, so I wouldn't have known that they had switched rooms. 

Makoto: That's right. So the only other person besides me who would even know to switch the nameplates... was Sayaka. 

Kyoko: You can also infer as much from her note... She specifically tells the reader to check the nameplate. She would only have written that if she knew the nameplates had been switched.