A Bad Confession?

Monokuma: Laugh at death, and your soul will forever be at peace.

Taka: It... can't be... My... brother...

And there goes another one. Damn, out of the original 19... five of them are dead. Gone forever. No chance of coming back. It's strange that I feel a bit bad, but we never really knew each other, so it doesn't hurt. In fact, I may just be feeling pity for them. Meanwhile, Taka was crying and overall having a mental breakdown.

Taka: Urraaaaaaahhh...! URRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Byakuya: What a disappointment. This is the end of the game?

Makoto: B...Byakuya...?

Hina: You're completely insane, you know that? A game? One of our friends is dead! Do you realise that!?

Byakuya: Of course I do. Because this game is life or death.

Kyoko: I don't have anything to say to you. I don't have a response, except that...I just don't understand why. Why did you go out of your way to disguise Mondo's crime?

Byakuya: Why...? Isn't it obvious? Because it made things more interesting.

His voice was calm and lacked emotion in it. It reminded Y/N of himself a bit, but he continued to listen with a satisfied smile. Not enough blood, in his opinion.

Byakuya: Last night, when the murder took place, I was in the library as usual.

Celeste: So you ignored the nightttime rule, too...

Byakuya: That rule never mattered to me. I don't recall agreeing to it. 

Celeste: Well, I don't particularly care. Please, continue.

Byakuya: The night grew late, and I decided to return to my room. Which is when I stumbled upon him... I spotted Mondo coming out of the girls locker room. After he'd gone, I looked inside and saw the corpse.

Hiro: Wh--!? You mean you actually witnessed the murder!?

Byakuya: He was such a fool. He didn't have the slightest idea that I'd seen him.

Wyatt: Don't you dare speak of the dead in that way!

Byakuya: But am I wrong?

Wyatt: ...

Hifumi: So... you're saying you knew who the culprit was from the very beginning?

Byakuya: Indeed. But if that had been the end of it, how boring would that have been? I mean, what a waste of time to have the answer revealed right at the beginning. Which is why I decided to... lend a little helping hand. I thought it would liven things up.

Makoto: You did all that... to "liven things up"!?

Y/N: To be fair, it was pretty fun.

Walker: Not the time. 

Y/N: I don't need time, because time doesn't control me. 

Kyoko: Ahem... So after hearing about Genocide Jack from Toko, you decided to use that to create the fake murder scene?

Hiro: But damn, man... If we hadn't figured out who'd really done it, you woulda been dead too, right?

Byakuya: Well obviously I would have revealed the truth before it reached that point. Of course...

Byakuya turned and then looked Y/N in the eyes. They were piercing into him, he could feel it, but nonetheless, he kept a blank expression, simply looking back without a word.

Byakuya: Thanks to a certain remarkable someone, it never did. And I was able to perform an interesting experiment. Once I do decide to become blackened, I now know who I'll have to watch out for.