Volume 5: Disadvantages

Reading my own work because I've basically read everything in my library. Honestly I personally think my own writing is really rushed XD

Toma Hisoka POV

With the conclusion of the first-year girls' cavalry battle, we were up next. Nao did a good job, despite losing the whole match since all the enemy cavalry units focused on ours one at a time, starting with Horikita's. 

We began forming up, I was the front horse with Sotomura as jockey, then Ike and Yukimura handled the sides. Our most notable cavalry unit was Sudou's,  with Hirata as the jockey, then Ayanokouji and Miyake were the sides, it was a very strong composition. 

"Alright Sotomura, you have a way with computer parts, grabbing a bandana should be a cake walk, right?" I asked him.

"Y-Yes! I shall put my hands to use!"

"Yukimura and Ike, just make sure no one ambushes us or tries side slamming." 

"Got it, we'll give you signals."

"You can count on us!" 

I was sure that Ryuuen would come straight for my unit, so I steeled myself and prepared for the worst. Sotomura may have good grabbing hands, but he isn't the best pick for dodging the enemy from taking his own bandana. I would have to compensate for keeping them away from us as much as possible. 

From what I remember Hirata telling me, the plan was that we bunch up with Class A, that way we could all support each other once they come toward us. It's a defensive strategy, and it's great for a time gated game like cavalry battle. We may not be able to get enemy headbands, but they can't grab ours either. 

When the signal went off, Hirata gave us the order. Class D's horsemen joined Class A's. We became one large mass of people, the two classes indistinguishable from each other. Though Class A had basically abandoned Class D entirely during the girls' match, they weren't rooting for us to lose or anything.

Ryuuen laughed fearlessly as our horsemen charged at theirs. 

"Aim for that shitty Ryuuen's head! Raaah! Send him packing!" Sudou said. 

In the blink of an eye, Sudou's unit under his lead, bolted ahead at top speed. A horseman from Class B tried to get in the way.

However, Sudou slammed into the enemy with full force, knocking them off-balance.

"Get outta my way!" He roared.

"Uwahh!"

The enemy, lacking Sudou's superior physique and ability to fight back, could only collapse, jockey and all.

"Yeah, how about them apples?!"

Like a wild beast, Sudou looked down at the defeated enemy, then turned toward his next prey. Normally, hitting someone would be considered foul play. However, the school had already said that this battle's rules were a bit different. Our strong opening salvo instilled fear in the other team, making them flinch. 

Sudou then paused, talking to Hirata for a bit, before aiming for another unit. Kanzaki and Shibata's unit fell back a bit to breathe when Katsuragi tried taking them down.

Meanwhile on my end, Ishizaki's unit was slowly approaching.

"Lackey number one. Wanna get our headband? Get through me first." I taunted. 

"Tch, this is for what happened before!" 

Ishizaki's unit charged , but I moved us slightly to the left, making them miss.

"Sync your footwork with mine, understand?" I said to my side horses. 

"Right!" Both Ike and Yukimura replied.