Volume 6: Roses Have Thorns

I'm not such an idiot so as to sacrifice my life, because the consequences of doing so would bite me even in the grave. I can't die, not by suicide or any other means, because I still have to take care of the one I love.  -SickThoughts

Kids that act more mature than adults? It's rare, but it's still possible. I've observed for myself that it's possible, because some of them were right in front of me this whole time. It's clear to me that they just want to survive.

Children like him are what that place would throw into the trash, when they were actually diamonds. That's what society has over those white walls, value that can only be seen after a certain amount of time. People are just impatient, don't you think? -RocketPunch

Amaya POV

What happens when you were fighting a person, but it turns out there were more to them than meets the eye? More people under that person's name.

When Sakayanagi-san challenged the person Toma Shizuko, she challenged all five of us. We all have different yet similar mindsets, and in the event that we dissociate mid-fight, it's all the better for us. It's like tagging in and out of a match.

After what happened earlier, I told Hisoka-kun about Sakayanai-san's bold move when I found him moving around Keyaki Mall. 

"Sigh...Somehow I expected this." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Nao made a similar bet with Matsushita, which didn't even continue because Yuko took over. But still, of all the things she wants, I though she'd be smarter than this." 

I was told that the "favor" under "Compensation" of the contract can nullify all conditions and be used however the person wishes, save for expulsion or transferring of classes, as well as breaking the school rules of course. That would mean Sakayanagi-san could've asked for absolutely anything she wanted, and yet she said she wanted to have a go with Hisoka-kun. In his eyes, Sakayanagi-san was either going easy on us, or she was being plain stupid, the former was more likely.

"At any rate, do we assist with the actual planning in this exam, or do we just do as they say?" I asked him.

"The latter, I'm sure they can handle this by themselves. We can relax, at least for now." 

"What happened at your meeting anyway?"

"I don't know. I left the cafe to go to the restroom, then I ran into Ryuuen and decided it'd be a good idea to lead him away from the important meeting between our leaders. He got bored afterwards and just left the area." 

A wise decision, as expected of him. 

"All I managed to get caught up in was them talking about how to tackle the exam, but I assume even you already know how? You share the same compendium as Shizuko herself after all." 

"Indeed I do. No two high scoring students or two low scoring students would get paired, essentially balancing out the scales, making sure that everything is truly fair." 

"Correct, but that's only for the partnering part. The most annoying is going to be the fact that we have to create questions for a different class."

"Are you worried about a traitor, Hisoka-kun?"

"Definitely. There's a key figure in the class that would absolutely do so, however I believe that is already being taken care of."

"By whom?"

"Who else but Horikita? She has history with Kushida, as do I with Ryuuen. We'll fight our own battles, while she and our other allies fight theirs. I've got Matsushita keeping tabs on Shiina, and speaking of her, I suggest you don't try and talk to her for now."