Volume 6: To Ashes

I'm confused as hell, why did this suddenly skyrocket in the ranks of cote fics

It's gonna be kill or be killed from now on. I'm not letting a worthless first-year like you, stop me. You're done for once I can attack you directly.  -ISimpSenpai

Comparing himself to when I first met him, he's definitely changed. But, no one ever said change meant better. He truly is befitting of Class D, because his defect is as clear as day, just like mine.  -MoldableClay

I'll handle it. I can't keep staying out of his problems like this, so let me handle it.   -NoStyle

3rd Person POV

"And that's about what happened." 

Amaya finished explaining to the other alters about the dire situation on the outside. Shizuko's eyes were downcast, Nao was sobbing, and Rin listened intently. 

With Hisoka's mental state, it's surprising to them how he isn't getting DID. One couldn't even call his experience a sort of depression, it was more of a descent into madness, which Yuko, the only one absent, was already aware of. Unbeknownst to them, he was the overall catalyst to their condition, and why they had an addition of two alters during the sports festival, which makes their DID have a direct relation towards their supposedly cured Dependent Personality Disorder. 

Shizuko used to have DPD, but it began fading away once she hit the age of 12, which was also around the time Yuko appeared. Though Nao appeared first, the DID wasn't as obvious back then, and the DPD was still in full effect. 

Rin closed her eyes to think about what to do. Yuko would obviously be handling the situation at that very moment, but it was best if Amaya and the rest also understood.

"Shizuko-san, you're the true little sister here, what do you think about his mental state?" Rin asked her. 

"Unexpected to say the least. Niisan has always been head strong whenever I'm around him, so his sudden change for the worse came off as a shock."

"Why haven't we been helping him?" Nao muttered. 

"Because we had no idea in the first place." Shizuko replied. 

"Yuko-san has been keeping that information from us, but I believe it's for a good reason. Both she and Hisoka probably didn't want us to worry." 

"Mn, that would be very like them." 

"I don't understand. Hisoka-kun has been giving out subtle hints, that I admit, but he hasn't been asking for help. I'm pretty sure we've repeated to him multiple times that we are here for him." Amaya stated. 

"Niisan doesn't want us to interfere with his own self loathing. Just like how we handle ourselves, he believes he should at least be able to take care of himself. After all, he has repeated to us that we are better than him in every aspect now." 

"That's not true! Onii-chan just thinks so because there's five of us!" 

"Even so, it's pretty true, don't you think? That is, it's bad that Hisoka is that self aware. Being too self aware means you wouldn't think you're qualified for some things."

"Yeah. Recently, he's only been contributing the bare minimum in class. Tutoring students, offering his opinion on the questions for the exam and such, that's about it. He no longer openly attempts to try and make his suggestions and plans go forward." 

"That's the sublime, I believe? The philosophical term I mean." 

"I already theorized that, and it's not just the sublime. I think it's something else entirely."