Volume 7: Critical Moments

We've got a few guards injured, but they should do fine once they get a bit of treatment. No critical conditions on anyone. We were all very lucky this time around, but this shouldn't happen again.  -Concerned

This is a first in the history of this school where an intruder got into campus and caused damage. In light of the school's reputation, instead of reporting in publicly, this incident will be used in the case against the professor. This whole event is a damning piece of evidence against that man, and we'll be sure to use it. -Teacher

Two intruders managed to sneak into the school while the guards up front were busy dealing with the professor. Security are already scouring the whole campus, but please keep an eye out yourselves. They may have ill intent against our students, their safety is our top priority, make sure no one gets hurt, and arrest those trespassers.  -Overwatch

3rd Person POV

In the plain of subconsciousness, formed as a garden, something was happening. 

It has been established by all the alters that Toma Hisoka was the main trigger to the appearance of new ones, and that has proven true in the past. Though it would be a hasty generalization, it was all they had to go on, for now. However, now it was a fact that he was one of the catalysts for their mental disorder. 

While Yuko dealt with Hisoka out there, Shizuko herself was finally calming down. She and Nao were currently by themselves as the other alters conversed idly by the sitting area. 

"Are you sure you're fully okay now, Shizuko-san?" Nao asked her. 

"Yes, I should be fine now. I still can't accept this fact, however."

"Give it time. I'm sure that out there, Yuko-san is helping onii-chan accept it, so we should help each other accept it." 

The blindfolded alter stretched her hand to feel for a flower by a garden bed, then plucked one out. 

"Flowers take time to bloom, and they also take time to wither. It is a blessing to have the ability to feel those things, and we, including everyone here as well as onii-chan..." 

Nao, out of character, unexpectedly crushed the flower in her hand. 

"We're all withering, and just being able to feel that...it makes us human. Don't you think so too, Shizuko-san?" 

"...Yeah, I suppose so. I guess...I should face niisan soon." 

"Face? What do you mean?" 

"I haven't talked to him about this yet, and I want to. He deserves to know how I myself feel, even if Yuko-san is already out there representing us."

"Certainly, he should know how all of us feel, but I suppose since you are the original, you should be the one to face him." 

"You don't think Yuko-san is already doing that?" Shizuko asked Nao. 

"Yuko-san is keeping him stable out there, not facing him. That honor is for you, and you alone, Shizuko-san." 

"...I see, then I suppose I should stop hiding once I'm back out there."

Nao threw the crushed flower to the ground. 

"Well good, because it would have been a waste if I forcefully made that flower wither without you learning anything." She said with an innocent smile. 

"We have a problem!" 

Before Shizuko could say anything else, Amaya ran towards the two of them. 

"What is it?" She asked Amaya.