Volume 7: The Brother

A boy like him would never be able to succeed in life. Such petty words such as "sibling bonds" would only hold one back. Truly pathetic, just like their sorry excuse of a mother, sacrificing herself for a plan that was destined to fail. And now, all he has left is himself, and that little thing that he calls a sister.  -Executioner

You plan on gettin' in my way again? I already know you aren't X, and I already know he's a friend of yours. How about we end our rivalry here, with one last fight? It'll be fun, and it'll be fun for the both of us.  -Kukuku

Change, it doesn't always mean better. The best example is him, and what he was at the start of the year, compared to what he is now. He was strong, ambitious, wise. Now, he's weak, lost, and broken. It just goes to show how some humans have a stage of regression, and it's not always evolution. Not to be cruel or anything, but it is the truth.  -GoldenBrown

Ayanokouji POV

If I had to put it into one word, the situation is currently "bad".  

After that man left the room, it was just me and the chairman. Revealing the fact that he aims to get me out of this school, I'm quite thankful that the chairman stopped him, for now. 

"Kiyotaka-kun, I assume you are aware of the Toma siblings' mother, correct?" 

"Yes, she helped me out a lot in the past." 

"And you should also know how she died, right?" The chairman asked again. 

"That's right." 

"You should also know that your father was the one that was behind it. And for that, I tell you this." 

He turned to look at me, somewhat worried, but somewhat relieved at the same time. 

"Alongside my partners, we've gathered enough evidence against your father, him coming here was the prime part of the plan."

A plan against him? This is getting interesting now. 

"You found evidence on Toma-sensei being murdered?" I inquired. 

"There's plenty of that, what I'm talking about is holistic evidence. To those that are aware, your father has committed multiple crimes against Japanese law and human rights, just by that place having to exist. Right now, once he leaves campus, the police should be by his car to escort him to a station." 

"I understand that you knew he would come, but where did you get all the evidence from? Who are these partners you speak of?" 

"I can answer that for him, chairman." 

The door behind me creaked open. Turning around, I saw that Shiraishi-sensei was there, with a stack of papers in her hands. 

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun, your father has made you to be a terrifying human being, that I know for sure. I also know that Mizuka-nee was your instructor for a while, which ultimately led to her death."

Mizuka-nee, huh? That can only mean one thing. 

"You're her little sister, aren't you?" I said. 

"Yes, did you not see the resemblance of me on little Shizuko? I'm her auntie, related by blood, you should at least see the likeness of me in her." 

"Actually, well it is fairly obvious because of the genetics, but you look more like Toma-sensei than you do Toma-san." I commented. 

"Thank you, but compliments will get you nowhere. Take a look at these." 

She placed the stack of papers on the table in the middle of the room. Chairman Sakayanagi smiled at me and gestured for me to actually take a look at the documents, so I did. The front page had a title that said "Trial on the Accusation of Toma Satoshi against Ayanokouji Atsuomi"