Chapter 2

Sky

We headed back to our base which we called the Cave. It was always easier to talk about the Cave in public because people would think you are planning a hike or something.

The Cave was under one of our night clubs called Spada. Our offices and meetings occurred in the club and usually happen when the club was open. The meeting rooms were out of bounds to everyone but people high in my ranks and visitors that I would be meeting with.

The elevator in the kitchen opened with a fingerprint and voice recognition. The first thing you saw when you entered the Cave was a fighting ring. That was where my soldiers usually sparred if they wanted to work on hand to hand combat. Most of the computers, flat screens and boards were in one room to ensure that my tech guys could move around easily and use different gadgets faster depending on the situation. The armory and panic rooms were downstairs on the third floor. There were also areas to practice shooting on that floor. The second floor had all the bedrooms and a large kitchen. This was where everyone that either doesn't have a home, was hiding from the cops or just wants to stay in the Cave lived. The training room was on the first floor near the tech rooms. It had several weapons Enzo used to train or assess the new people. The mini hospital was also on the first floor with all the essential medical supplies needed. My office was on the third floor. It was placed there in case I need to let off some steam in the shooting rank.

As I walked in, Veronica met my steps showing me an iPad.

"I got the information you asked for. The one about the Caruso clan compound. And all their contacts."

"Send them to me and I will get to you with further instructions," I replied as I continued walking.

"Got it, also I caught a guy snooping around. He has a dagger tattoo on his rib cage. I put him in the interrogation room for you"

The Nicoli clan were the ones that had daggers as their signature symbol. Only their women didn't have the tattoo, which was why I didn't see a traitor in our mist all those years ago.

"Call Dominic to meet me there."

Without waiting for a response, I headed to the interogation room. Just as V said, I found a man tied up on a chair and bleeding from his outer thigh. I tied up my ebony black hair, took off my jacket and grabbed everything I needed from the display on the wall. My enforcer Dominic walked in with a devilish grin on his face. "You are way too excited for this," I pointed out amused.

"I'm not your enforcer for nothing now am I?" he replies giving me a fist pump.

Dom was right. I chose him as my enforcer because he loved to torture people just as much as I did. It also helped that he was built like a bull. His six pack was so distinct that you wonder if his intestines even had space in there. He was around 6.2 which was about 4 inches taller than me. His brown curly hair falls over his deep brown eyes that always looked black when he was desperate to torture someone just like they were right now. He was always wearing hoodies unless we were on missions where he wore black jeans and tee or when we were training where he just wore shorts which, I admit always distracted me.

Shaking my head, I throw a bucket of water on the guy's head to wake him up.

An hour later, we were wiping blood off our hands and face. "The Nicoli clan are too damn bold. We need to send a message," Dom said staring at the corpse infront of us.

"Patience Dom, we need to act smart not fast. Remember the plan"

Dom frowned but didn't say anything. He was hot-headed but always saw reason which I loved. Running into battle without a plan or purpose always led to problems. This was why I never took him to buys like today because he would have killed Santo the minute he made his first remark.

"In the mean time, I need you to play mind games for me."

Dom looked at me with a malicious grin on his face which mirrored the one on my face. He stood there folding his arms waiting for me to continue.

"Have you already started planning on how you want to kill the guys from today?"

"Yes, I got their locations already. I was planning on hitting them tomorrow," He, replied. Looking at me suspiciously, he asked "Why?"

"I want you to hit them one by one. Space out the kills so they know you are coming."

Dom shook his head trying to hide his laughter. "You are evil," he said with an amused smile on his face. Out of everyone, Dom was my closest friend. It could be because we were equally crazy or the fact that the same family played us. "Admit it, you love it," I teased as we headed out.

"Hey, by the way, could you call your brother and ask for any updates about the Nicoli clan?"

"Sure," Dom responds turning serious.

That family hurt me as much as they hurt Dom. That's why I knew he wanted them dead as much as I did. It was a bonus that his brother agreed. It meant we had an ally on the inside.

"By the way, next time someone disrespects you, I want to be the one who kills them" Dom comments before quickening his pace preventing me from responding.