Chapter 12

Marcos

I woke up with Veronica's leg over mine and her face in my armpit. How she managed to breath in there was beyond me.

Stretching my arm out, I turned off the 5am alarm I set to leave her room so that no one saw me. Getting up quietly, I planted a kiss on her forehead and grab my stuff. When I was dressed, I lean down to kiss her lips. V released a breath as she kissed me back. I pulled back and received a sound of protest from her. With a smile, I kissed her forehead and whispered, "I have to go remember?" She unconsciously nodded and whispered "I love you" as I walked towards her door. "I love you too seniorita." I responded before shutting the door.

Not many people stayed in the Cave like me and V but the ones that did all stayed in the same floor. Everyone but Sky who stayed in the floor above us. Each room had its own bathroom with a toilet and a shower. The rooms were big enough to fit a king-sized bed, a walk in closer and a desk with book shelves above it. My room was 5 doors down from Veronica's and unfortunately for us, the soldiers that stayed close to us were big on gossip. That is why I always had to leave early. To make sure we weren't caught. It helped our situation that V specialized in being stealthy. She was the spy of the clan meaning she thought of everything we had to do to stay secret.

I wished we didn't have to though. I wished she could claim me as hers infront of everyone. I wished I could hold her hand as we walked down the hall so that everyone knew how much we loved each other. But I got why we couldn't. Sky had to know first. We owed her the truth before everyone else found out.

I headed back to my room to get a few more hours of sleep before I headed to work. At around 8am, I got up and got in the shower.

My mind began creating scenarios of how Sky would react after we told her. Would she try stop us from dating? If so then what would we do? I would rather die than be away from V but would it really get to that? Running wasn't an option because this was my life. This was all I knew and I couldn't give it up. I knew Veronica loved it too so she wouldn't want to run either. So what would we-

My thoughts were cut off by my phone vibrating on the bathroom counter. I dried off one hand and reached to pick it up.

!Casino alarm!

I pressed on the notifications and watched as the men from the casino Tipsy Gambe were dragged to a black truck that drove away. The cameras showed five masked men walking in with guns and pouring a liquid which I assumed was petrol everywhere. The workers came in with guns and tried to fight them off but were shot with tranquilizer darts and pass out instantly.

"Fuck." I breathed as I watched the Casino burn to ashes.