Chapter 34

Sky

Ever since Lorenzo's death, I hadn't done any work. The first few days I cried myself to sleep while Dom cuddled me. With the days that followed, Dom entertained me in any way he could. We watched moves naked, ate a whole 2liter tin of caramel ice cream in one night, played board games and discovered each other's kinks.

Dom listened as I planned my revenge out loud and pointed out its flaws. We had a solid plan in no time. It felt great coming up with a plan together. It made me feel safe and cared for. Like I always had a safety net under me.

Everything was set. All we had to do now was wait.

"I'm fine"

"Shut up and show me your leg."

Camillo had been calling me for check ups every 2 days for the past week. Apparently, there was a high risk for infection because of my carelessness.

"Ok so there is no infection. If you keep it up, I will be able to take the stitches out next week before your meeting with the Marinos."

"I told you I was fine."

"Yes, because Dom won't let you leave the room." Camillo retorted as he grabbed a glass of water.

I turned to Dom and watched a mischievous grin form on his face. That smug little shit.

"That doesn't mean I'm resting Camillo. Quite the opposite actually."

Camillo spits out his water and hits his chest trying to stop himself from choking. Dom bursts into laughter.

"Ummm, ok I think I'm gonna go..." Camillo grabbed his stuff and sprinted out of the room like his ass was on fire.

"Come on," Dom said still trying to contain his laughter.

He stretched out his hand for me and I allowed him to pull me up. We walked to my room hand in hand. The benefit of being Capo was that nobody could question you. So, anyone who disagreed kept their mouths shut and made sure I didn't catch them staring.

"I need to head to my office. There are some documents I- "

"No." he continued to drag me towards my room even as I tried to resist.

"Dom- "

"Camillo said you need to take a break. So, no work."

I continued pulling back but it was hard with my injured leg. Fed up, Dom stopped and throw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yelled as he ran towards my room.

I pounced up and down as he sped up. He sprinted to my room and I was thrown onto the bed. I winced as the impact caused a vibration to move on my thigh.

"Shit, scusa amore mio" concern filled Dom's eyes as he climbed onto the bed and laid down besides me.

"I'm ok. I'm ok." I assured him.

Slowly, I placed my arm on his cheek and pulled him in for a kiss. Within seconds things began to heat up. Dom grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over him. I straddled his torso and bent down to kiss him again. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it over-

A loud ring tone startled the both of us making us freeze. We stared at each other for a minute. I tried not to laugh at the frustrated face Dom was making. Without breaking eye contact, Dom grabbed his phone from his pocket and put it in his ear.

"This better be good!" He said through bared teeth.

"We have a problem" Cole said through the phone.