Chapter 10

Sky

"How did he do?" I asked Dom the minute he walked in.

I was sitting on the chair infront of the mirror in my room eating chocolate. Dom and Camillo had been gone for a week. Besides the occasional "we are alive", I hadn't heard from them for the whole week.

I was bothered by how much I missed Dom over the past week. He was on my mind more than I would like to admit and I hated it.  At least that's what I told myself.

"You were right. He can hold his own under pressure." My smile grew as I turned to look at him.

Dom stood still and stared at me as I openly ogled him. He wore plain black jeans and a black vest. His silver chains dangled from his neck causing his eyes to look brigher. Those intense eyes taking in my blue denim jeans, black t-shirt and denim jacket. Other than the necklace with my parent's rings on it, I had five rings I always wore. One of the rings I wore came as a matching set. Dom had the same ring hanging around his neck. The two rings were connected so we could track each other in case of emergencies.

Clearing my throat, I grabbed the chocolate box and sat down on my bed. Dom came towards me and sat next to me as I played the camera footage Marcos deleted of Camillo taking the papers. A smirk formed on my face as I watched the FBI agent struggle to stay calm when he found out the papers were gone.

"He is smart and reliable. That plan was made on the spot and executed perfectly. He even knew not to come back to the car because it would have increased our risk of getting caught." Dom sounded proud. It was kind of cute how excited he got when a plan came to play.

I knew Camillo was smart. He always had been. He was the highest in his class and one of the best fighters we had. It also helped that he was a doctor. His education gave him all the skills he needed to treat the wounds of our soldiers. Most of the time, when we couldn't get our family doctor or we wanted things under wraps, we called him. I knew he had leadership skills seeing as he lead one of the missions that sent the Nicolis out of our territory a few years back. Soldiers respected him which means the transition of leadership wouldn't be difficult. He was sweet and caring to people he loved but ruthless and unforgiving to anyone that messed with him or his family, just like me. That's how I knew he would be able to set his men straight if they went out of line. I had to hope that our close relationship would stop him from betraying the Silvestri clan.

"He will oversee a whole city. All the clubs, gangs, drug cartels and guns are transported through this city. We get the drugs from Mexico and they get here through California. That's a lot of responsibility. He wasn't trained to take over seeing as his father didn't want him to. Do you know who-"

"Tobias Esposito" Dom answered before I even finished my question.

"Philip's 38 year old cousin. He wanted him to be his successor. No doubt he was in on the deal too."

Leave it to my Uncle to cause future problems. Camillo might be challenged by Tobias. After all, Tobias would be offended that he trained to take over the area but wasn't chosen to run it.

"There might be a civil war."

"I will hand it" I responded.

My men would accept the person I put to be Underboss. If they supported Tobias they could rot with him.

"I will call Camillo and let him know he will be taking over." I muttered.

Dom reached out to grab the chocolate in my hand but I swatted his arm away. He grabbed the chocolate with his other arm but I grabbed his wrist and yanked the chocolate back from him.

Let go.

Let go of his wrist.

You have the chocolate... so why are you still holding his wrist?

Why are you staring at him?

We stared at each other endlessly. Dom's eyes turning from playful to serious to lustful. Different conflicts mix into one, matching the war in my head. Dom grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. We were so close that our noses touched.

All I had to do was move.

Dom began to shift and-

Knock, knock

A knock sounded on my door and we both jumped away.

"Sky, are you in there?" Veronica's voice echoed from behind my door.

I walked towards it and opened it fully for her to enter. The minute she saw Dom rubbing the back of his neck on the bed, she smirked. I wanted to punch her so hard, her teeth would fall out. When she looked at me and saw the glare that was directed at her, she cleared her throat before handing me a flash.

"That's all I could get."

"Thanks V" with a nod, Veronica turned around and left.

I stood there for a second not knowing what to do with the growing tension between us.

"I'm thinking of adding another motorcycle to my collection." I stated.

"Which one?" He asked accepting the change of topic.

We talked about motorcycle types and brands to the late hours of the night before he headed to his room. The minute he left, I felt a loss of warm.

What the hell is happening?