Chapter 9

Dom

Two weeks later, I met up with Camillo at a Motel near the docks. We booked a room with two beds and carried our bags in.

The next day, around 8pm, we geared up and headed to the docks.

"What exactly is the mission?" Camillo asked as we stared at the ships coming in and out of the docks from the car.

"A reporter took a picture of one of our men killing someone in an ally way. Our intel says he is giving it to an FBI agent tonight. We need to get the picture without being seen or killing anyone."

"You're joking right?" He looked shocked. I couldn't blame him seeing as it would have been easier to just kill the reporter and the FBI agent. Problem was, doing that would draw attention especially with all these workers at the docks.

"Half of the men on the ships are with the feds. That means killing anyone will get us caught." I stated checking our surroundings.

Camillo moved his hand across his face and took a deep breath. "So the way to prove myself is a suicide mission. Great."

I almost laughed at the fact that he considered this suicide. From what I heard, he was a very deadly man that went on dangerous missions on a daily. This was probably new to him but he needed to be a strategist as well as a fighter to rule a city.

"What's the plan?" I asked staring at him. Camillo turned his head in an instant with wide eyes.

"I thought you had the plan. Why are you asking me!"

"This is your mission. I am only here to supervise. Find a way to get the job done. Improvise if you have to but I'm not helping." I explained leaning further into my chair. Camillo stared at me. His mouth was half open and his eyes looked like giant oranges.

Before he could say anything, a black BMW stopped infront of one of the ships. A middle-aged man walked out carrying a folder and looked around until he spotted a man in a red coat walking towards him. We were too far to hear what they were saying but we could see them clearly.

"This is your-" Camillo jumped out of the car before I could finish my statement and walked towards them.

Camillo

This was stupid idea. I didn't know what I was doing. This plan may or may not get me killed. It was risk but I had to try. 

Stepping out of the car, I grabbed some stuff from the back seat before walking towards my targets. Dom made no move to follow me which meant I really was on my own for this one. I pulled my hoodie over my head and walked towards one of the boats. 

I waited until the exchange happened before throwing two grenades into the boat. The grenades exploded and chaos erupted. I ran the opposite direction like everyone else and bumped into the FBI agent. I muttered a "Sorry" as I continued running. It would be way too risky to go back to the car so I moved towards the road. I took a taxi back to the Motel hoping Dom would follow. 20 minutes after I got to the room, Dom walked in.

"Did you get it?" I lifted the papers I pulled out of the file while the agent was staring at the burning ship.

"So much for not causing a scene." Dom's smirk told me he was just teasing and I hoped that meant I did will. I handed the papers to him and began packing my stuff. We would stay in the motel for another day so that it didn't look suspicious but I preferred to pack now incase plans changed.

"Who did you pick as the new gang leader." Dom asked while typing on his phone.

"Mathew, my brother." Dom froze for a split second before resuming typing his message.

"Is that a family favour or can he actually do it?" He asked still not looking at me.

"Throwing my brother to the wolves doesn't really seem like a favour. Leading a gang could get you killed if you don't play your cards right. I wouldn't send him to the wolves if he wasn't one himself."

Looking at me, Dom nodded and gave me a number.

"When the decision is made, she will text"

"I already have her number"

"Not her work number"

"Right."