Chapter 27

Sky

"What do you want?" I asked into the phone. My angry tone masked the fear I harbored for Lorenzo.

There was no way I was going to lose another parent.

Not again.

"The walking corps you call Veronica has some information on a flash that we want back. Federico isn't very happy which means no one is."

"That's too bad now isn't it."

I could hear the exasperation in Bianca's breathing. She was scared. The Carusos couldn't be trusted and she knew that. If you pissed them off, you would suffer.

"I found Prussian blue in Lorenzo's bag. It's a pity Veronica won't get it on time"

I fell silent in an instant. Marcos clenched his fists together as he stared at the phone. Maybe putting the call on speaker wasn't such a good idea.

"What do you want Bianca?" I asked calmly

"The flash. Give it to me and Lorenzo will be returned to you safely, with the cure."

"What makes you think I trust you?"

"Well, you don't really have a choice now do you." I could hear the smile on her face and I hated it. I hated that she was right too.

"Where?"

"The abandoned warehouse you found me in after the fire. You remember it don't you?"

"Vividly."

That was the first time I had seen her after my parents' death. The day she shot me. The day I vowed to get my revenge on her whole family. That was the day Phoenix was born.

Bianca ended the call leaving me alone with my top soldiers.

"What's on the flash?" Dom asked besides me.

"Everything on the Carusos. Their contacts, safe houses, labs, farms, soldiers. Everything we need to take them down. I edited the files to show how we would take them down. All the sniper spots I found are on that flash."

If Bianca got her hands on it, it would be over. My revenge wouldn't be possible. But I couldn't just let Lorenzo and Veronica die.

"I could copy the file onto my drive and- "

"She would still know the plan though. The plan won't work if they know where to look" I stated interrupting Marcos.

"Just let me think for a minute" turning my back on them, I paced the room analysing our options.

The warehouses were in the woods at the edge of Oregon. There were dozens of areas to hide snipers in. But Bianca would have thought of that. She may put her own snipers there. If I gave her the flash, I wouldn't be able to take down the Carusos but if I don't, I could lose my two best soldiers. Planning an ambush would be too risky which meant we had to use all our sources. I could copy the flash's contents then give Bianca a ticking time bomb. Once I had Lornzo and the viles, it was up to Cole, or I'd have Marcos put a virus in the flash. Getting out wasn't a guarantee though so we needed help.

"I got it!"

...

"Sky Silvestri, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"How do you feel about an alliance?"