CHAPTER 2

" Why is she taking it so long?" Meera said for the fifth time.

"Arey relax maa. Di texted right! That she got caught up with something?"

"But it already 9. Why is she working so late?"

All three of them were sitting around the dining table expecting her call. Right then, Pranav's phone ringed and he immediately answered it.

"Hi di. How are you?" He said excitedly.

"Great Kittu! Where is mom and pa?"

"We are right here. Tell us something? Why are working up so late? All you are doing there is teaching right?"

"Yaa. Now start again Meera. My princess is already so tried and you want to make her fight with you?"

"Hello, she is my daughter too . Okay"

"Okay now stop both of you. And maa, yes my job here is teaching but you see, the cultural fest is going to happen soon and kids need us around them for guidance. And trust me maa, this is the best feeling in the world. You have no idea how much I am enjoying it. All of it, interaction with students, guiding them in practice, having coffee with them, hearing about their families, coming to know more and more about their interest... ha trust me pa, I am loving all these."

"But Pallu, working up so late is not good for your health."

"I support her in that Pallu. Plus we are also not there to take care of you."

"Arey pa, trust me, it's just for few days. Plus there are also other faculty members with us here. You know something. I told you about the famous Chinese place near to our college right? The one next to the near by signal. After setting up the stage I went there for dinner today along with few of my students. It was just awesome. Kittu when you come to meet me here next time, we will definitely hang out there."

"Ha. Have some more street food. That's why I said no to this job in the first place."

"Maa. . "

"And what's this coming there thing Pallu? When are you coming here to meet us?"

"Trust me maa, I really want to come but the minute I step in there, you will start  again"

"Start again what?"

"Will start talking about her marriage again. Right di?"

"Yes, you got me."

"See Meera. Even your kids are not supporting you."

"Okay fine . I am not forcing you but please come soon na bacha. I really want to meet you."

"I will maa. By the way pa, you're taking your medicines regularly right?"

"Yes bacha. And even if I forgot your mom won't leave a chance to make me have it."

"Now both of you go. I want to talk to my di . Alone."