CHAPTER 3

Raghav was getting ready for the event at the campus. It was happening that evening. He reached there around 6 p.m. and was greeted by the dean as well as the faculty members.  He could see that some of the girls were ogling at him but he didn't paid least attention to those stares.

The anchor announced the opening performance, which would be a fusion of various dances. He immediately got bored hearing that since he was not a fan of these kind of performances. It was when the lights went off and the music started playing , that he actually saw her , again.

 It was when the lights went off and the music started playing , that he actually saw her , again

There she was. They girl he met that night at the signal. She was dancing effortlessly to Ghar more pardesiya , occupying the center position and lights were focused mainly on her. 

Raghav couldn't take his eyes off from that dancing beauty. The entire experience was so new to him. He watched her entire performance without blinking his eyes and when she performed the final step, the entire auditorium clapped vigorously. He too clapped for her , without taking off his eyes from her, who was now looking at the crowd with a smile on her face, along with the other performers.

"My god!" he accidently uttered these words making the dean to turn his head and look at him.

"Sir, you okay?"

"Ha? Yaa. . Yes. I am fine."

"The inaugural function is about to start sir."

"Yaa. Okay."

He was actually planning to leave that place after sitting there for some  time and he even had some lame excuse planned  inside his brain but now, he would call himself a loser if he fails to get some info regarding that girl, before leaving that premise.

He didn't knew why but he felt a deep need to know more about her. At least her name.

Why? he asked himself.

"I don't know!"

He didn't had any other answer. But he decided to sit there and listen there all those boring welcome speeches. At one point even he himself was forced to deliver some wise words to the blooming talents of the college. He always found such speeches to be of a mixture of self appreciation and advices and he hated them to the core. But this time he was helpless.

All these while his eyes was searching for someone but she was not seen anywhere there.

"Sir, you need something?" the dean asked in his honey-coated tone, while stepping down from the stage along with Raghav.

"No. Actually you see Mr. Kapoor, colleges these days are only focused on grades. But your college, I must say, gives utmost importance to co-circular activities as well. I mean just take that opening performance that we saw a while ago as an example. Such a splendid one I must say."

"Yes, yes sir. You are right. Our college. . . "

"If you don't mind can I meet that girl who performed those kathak moves? She really deserves an appreciation for her performance."