CHAPTER 16

The next day Pallavi woke up early. As soon she got fresh and came out of her room, scenes from yesterday night started playing inside her head.

How will I face him now?

She went to kitchen and made a green tea for her. When she came to the dining area she saw Raghav coming downstairs, in his formal attire. It was then she remembered that he had already informed about leaving early today!

When he saw Pallavi he didn't knew what to say! 

Should  I tell her about how I felt  yesterday night? 

"Pallavi . ." he called her suddenly!

"Hmm?" she looked at his face, curiously!

"Woh . . last night, we. . that. ." he found himself at loss of words. It understood that this is not going to be an easy task. He found it difficult to face her eyes.

Will she take me wrong? Will she think that I am breaking my promise if I say that I have started to take this marriage seriously?

She was observing him curiously!

Okay, that's it! He wants to say that last night kiss was a mistake! His guilt is making him to stammer!

She felt a pain inside heart. He is not feeling anything like she do!

"It's okay Raghav. Just leave it. I know what you are going to say. I too know that what happened yesterday shouldn't have happened! Let's forget all this! I am still aware of our deal and I won't break it!"

Saying this she went inside her room and locked it leaving behind a stunned Raghav!

Ha? 

That kiss was just a mistake for her? She didn't felt anything for me? And this marriage is still a deal for her! What a fool I am! 

Damn it! No it was not a mistake. That moment was the most beautiful thing ever happened to me!

He felt anger towards everyone and everything at that point of time, except for Pallavi! Moreover he was angry at himself!

He stormed out of the room but what she said just remained in his mind!

* * * *

Raghav tried to make himself busy but nothing was helping him. It was then he got a call from the Mumbai branch and asked him for his immediate presence. 

I can't face her now! So, going to Mumbai for the time being seems to be a good option. I will go to US  from Mumbai,  directly.

And Pallavi? I will ask her to stay at Riya di's home for two days. Even she doesn't want to face me now, it seems. .  

He called his assistant and asked him to make necessary arrangements to travel. He thought about calling Pallavi to inform the change in his plan. But he didn't had the courage to talk to Pallavi then so he just left her a message saying that he is leaving for Mumbai today for official purpose!