CHAPTER 30

"Pallavi?" he called her seeing her numbness.

"Why?" that's the only word that came out from her.

"Well, she wants to see you it seems."

She felt like her breath is getting heavier with each passing seconds. Raghav noticed her uneasiness and hugged her suddenly.

"Shh . . .I am here . . ."

"You know something Raghav. I met Uday today." she said in an uncomfortable tone.

"What? Where?"

How dare he? Need to teach him the lesson soon!

"Outside the mall. But trust me. I didn't felt weak. He tried to put me down but I answered him back; I didn't knew how but I felt a confidence all of a sudden then.   But when  it came to Ananya now it's not the same. . ."

Raghav understood he pain; she was betrayed by two people but it felt deeper when it was from the girl whom she considered as her best friend; if not her sister.

"I don't think I can face her and why should I? What is more to say now?"

"Pallavi I wouldn't have informed you about all this and would have straight away denied his request but . ."

He paused for a moment.

"First he thought of meeting your parents in order to get in touch with you but he came to know about our marriage by then. Once he traced out that we are in Hyderabad, he wanted to contact you. But after what his daughter did to you, he was kind of ashamed to face you. He came to know about all those incidents really late it seems. That's why he tried to convey her message via me."

Pallavi shook her head as if she doesn't want to hear anything about her.

"Why now? All that is past and I don't have anything to do with her now!"

Raghav took a deep breath and held her hands making her to look at his eyes.

"Pallavi, she is dying. Her days are limited and she wants to see you for one last time!"

Pallavi immediately withdrawn her hands as she was unable to digest what she just heard!

"What? Annu is dying?"

* * * *

She couldn't believe what she heard!

Raghav came more close to her and hugged her.

"Lung cancer. Last stage!"

He said like a whisper.

"She just asked for one last thing and that was your presence. She is in Hyderabad too; for the past two months, as Dr.Shankar's patient."

There was a brief silence.

"Pallavi, it's okay if you don't want to meet her but don't stress yourself. The decision is all yours and no one is going to force you."

Raghav was about to get up to take some water for her when she suddenly pulled his hands; he saw that she was looking at him with teary eyes.