CHAPTER 11

Raghav's P.O.V:

She is sleeping next to me peacefully, just like a small baby. We are on our way back to Hyderabad, sitting next to each other in the plane. And I was engrossed in watching her closely, which made me to remember about the day we got married. 

We came back to my home after completing all the rituals at her home. She was so emotional when she hugged her parents and brother before leaving. When we both got in, she became completely silent but I could hear her sobbing. I had no idea how to console her. So I just handed over my handkerchief.

She looked at me and that piece of cloth for a while and took it to erase her tears. When we arrived at my mansion, dadi and Rithu made us to do some more rituals after welcoming us inside.

All these while I felt a constant need to talk to her. About what? I don't know. But I need to talk to her, alone, for sure. And after what it felt like an eternity, dadi informed us that all the rituals are over.

I almost sighed in relief when dadi said this:

" Raghav, you go upstairs. I need to give the ancestral ornaments to Pallavi."

"Ancestral ornaments?"

"Yes. It belonged to your mother and now, it belongs to Pallavi. Only ladies should participate in this ritual. So Pallavi will stay here and you must leave."

I felt really irritated. These people are celebrating our union but they are not allowing us to be together. Hey all the crazy people out there, can't you understand that I want to spend some lone time with my wife?

But was not in a place to argue with dadi so I went to my study to finish my office works. After a while I became completely focused in my work that when I finished my job it was around 12 midnight.

I left the place and stepped inside my heavily decorated bedroom. The bed was empty and I saw Pallavi sleeping on the sofa. She was still in her wedding attire but had already removed all her ornaments.

I will talk to her tomorrow. I said in my mind and went to sleep since I was also tired after all these rituals.

But it didn't happened the next day too. She woke up earlier than me and when I got up, I saw Pallavi , dressed up like a new bride. I couldn't take my eyes off from her as she adjusted her wet hair in front of the mirror.