CHAPTER 33

Pallavi's P.O.V:

"As soon as I reached Mumbai airport, I collided with someone while I was going to collect the baggage . ." Pallavi remembered what happened that day when she arrived Mumbai after parting from Raghav.

* * * *

"Hey Pallavi right?"

"Aarti?"

"Yaa. So I was not wrong. It's been a long time. I was really missing you."

Aarti was my best friend during my school days. We went to the same dance school for almost 7 years.

"Yaa. Same here. How are you?"

"All good. Living my dream. I am working as an executive chef in Australia. You?"

"Teaching. What else!"

"Here or somewhere else?"

"No. In Hyderabad."

"Come. Let's have a coffee."

We went to the coffee shop after collecting our respective baggage. And as soon as we settled down, she told more about her present. She had just landed from Australia for an International food fest. 

"So you are married?"

"Yaa. . . Raghav; He is a businessman."

"By the way Pallavi, how is uncle feeling now? I forgot to ask you."

"He is  . . .fine. But why are you asking about Pa suddenly?" I got confused over her question.

"No. Like he had that accident few months ago right? That's why I asked about him"

"What? No. You must have mistaken." I said with a horror.

"No Pallavi. I was here during that time and went to meet one of my cousins who is a doctor at Lifecare Hospital. That's when I spotted your mom there. She was totally devastated that time. My cousin was one among the team who treated uncle. And from what he told me, uncle had slipped from the stair case and was brought to the hospital in a critical condition. 

I wanted to talk to aunty and console her but trust me, she was really down that time."

And her words were a real shock to me. . .

"Pallavi, you really didn't knew about this accident?"

I lowered my head and said a faint No!

"You okay? I am really sorry. I shouldn't have . . "

"No. It's fine. It's good that you told me this now."

I felt like a blind girl; so many things were hidden from me. I was getting shock after shocks. I just wanted to go home and see my Pa then. Hence we exchanged our number, promising to contact each other soon and then, I started walking towards the exit.

* * * *

I had a lot of doubts and questions inside my mind but as soon as I saw Pa, I just hugged him tightly. 

Shall I ask him? No. They will feel bad if I question them like that; but I need to know the truth. What exactly happened here and when? And most importantly why are people hiding things from me?

As they saw me, they were kind of surprised. They asked me about your absence but I successfully managed to cover that topic. But Kittu recognized that I was not okay. Hence I told him that I wanted to talk to him and he agreed. We went to the beach after he came back from office.