CHAPTER 32

It was quite a surprise for her parents as well as her Kittu when she showed up suddenly.

"Raghav didn't came with you?"

"No maa . . um . .he was busy and I felt like giving you guys a surprise visit."

"Princess, everything is fine right?" her father asked with a concerned voice.

"Ha, pa. Everything is good." she said with a fake smile.

"Acha, Pallu. I was going to meet Raghav's dadi today to finalize the date for marriage. You will come with me na?"

She was silent for a minute.

"Ha maa, I will come with you."

She went back to her room immediately after that; but Pranav who was watching her keenly knew that something was wrong. So he followed her till the room and locked it after both of them got in.

"What's the matter di? I know you are not alright and please don't hide anything from me!"

He looked at her with concern. Her face was pale and she took a deep breath.

"I need to talk to you but not here."

"Fine. We will go out once I come from office but di, you need to tell me what's bothering you right now."

She nodded and both of them hugged each other. They knew that whatever it is, they are not gonna leave each other alone . . .

* * * *

Raghav didn't went to office that day. In fact he was at home , totally locked inside the room. His mind was repeating all her words again and again.

His dadi had called him to inform about Pallavi and her mother was visiting them. He was totally panicked for a while . . .

Did they got to know about everything?

But from what she told him, he realized that they were there to discuss about the dates. She told him that Pallavi was there till noon and the two of them had a really good time while her ma and Rithu were busy talking to each other.

He knew that Pallavi was hiding her pain and was trying to act normal in front of others. She didn't even gave a hint to dadi and Rithu regarding their fight which clearly indicated that she still holds a position for them in her heart . . .

It was just him; him alone . . .

The pain was killing him as each second passed. He wanted to call her and talk to her but again he knew that she needs time and space to process everything.

My Pallavi will come back soon . .I know! And once she is back, we will sort out everything together.

Everything was just empty for him . .each corner of that house reminded him about his time there with Pallavi. There used be a time when he just wanted to be alone in that house; him and no one else. Just him and the silence around him but now, the very same silence is murdering him with each passing seconds!

He went down and opened her room . . .Her room which was filled with her pleasant smell . .Everything was arranged with utmost tidiness and order; it was one of her most basic nature. He noticed her swing chair and remembered the time when he had asked her mother about her interest and disinterest when it comes to interiors once their marriage got fixed. The one thing she told him was that she loved to read books while sitting on the swing. Hence it was his idea to include a swing in her room , while he had decided to modify that room as per her taste. He wanted to make sure that she won't feel left out in their home.

 Her love for Jane Austen books, her beloved indoor plants, her paintings  . . he knew that this room held everything that she was passionate off.  There were two frames on the side table; one was her family pic and the other was their pic which was taken few minutes after their marriage.