CHAPTER 7

Pallavi just came back to her home that evening. After taking a shower she went to the living room where her pa , maa and Kittu were having their usual chit-chat.

"Maa, Pa, I am ready for this marriage." She said out of blue.

They couldn't believe what she said for a minute.

"Pallu, are you alright?" Meera asked doubtfully.

"Ha, maa I am fine and yes, you heard it right."

"Pallu, such a sudden decision? I mean she put forth this proposal , day before  yesterday only right?"

"Pa, I thought about it and yes, I am ready for this marriage."

"Really?"

"Yes maa."

"I am so happy. Finally , you agreed to get married!" Meera couldn't control her excitement.

"I will call Geetha ji and inform this happy news" Her pa was also equally excited.

When both of them left the room, Pranav came towards her and hugged her.

"Di?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you happy with this decision? If not, then don't take it."

She sighed and said,

"Yes, I am happy Kittu."

She smiled at him and went back to her room and locked herself in.

ONE DAY BEFORE:

She battled with her thoughts and finally dialed Raghav's number. As each ring passed, her heart beat became faster n' faster and stopped for a moment when he finally picked it up.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hello, Raghav Rao?"

"Yaa, it's me."

"Hi , I am Pallavi. Hope you remember me. We met that day at the college function?"

There was a silence on the other side.

"Hello? Are you there?"

"Yaa. I remember Pallavi. How are you?"

"I am good. Actually, if you are free today can we meet somewhere outside?"

"Yaa. Sure. Where?"

"Café Coffee Day by 10?"

"I will be there!"

"Bye then."

She cut the call and sighed. 

"I just hope that things go well between both of us."

* * * *

Raghav reached the spot by 9:45. She was not there yet.

She wants to meet me. But why? I just hope that she doesn't say no this proposal. If she do something like that then I need to find my own way to make her agree. It's true that initially, I wanted to get married to her just because I was already feeling a need to be around her all the time. But I am not that cruel to force her into a marriage just for this single reason.  Now, things are more complicated.