CHAPTER 8

Raghav was sitting in his balcony all alone. It was around 11 at night. Today her dad called and informed dadi that they are ready for this marriage. He never thought that such a day will come in his life.

She agreed. All though she agreed just because it's a deal, she have no idea that there was no other option for her. And even he doesn't have.

 He tightly closed his eyes.

That morning he agreed for the marriage. He could clearly see that dadi and Rithu was amused by his sudden approval for the alliance. Well, he wouldn't have agreed if it was some other girl. It' a truth and he knew that. 

 He was thinking about all those unexpected events when dadi came inside his room

 He was thinking about all those unexpected events when dadi came inside his room. Rithu went out somewhere and it was just two of them. She came and sat near to him in his bed. He looked up.

"What's it dadi?"

"I never thought that you will agree for this marriage!"

He stayed silent.

"Raghav, you won't understand. But we won't be there with you till the end of your life and you need a companion. And according to me, Pallavi is a perfect life partner for you. She knows really well how to take care of people around her."

"Dadi , it's fine. But, what do you think about Rithu's marriage with Pranav? I mean both of them are too young and she will become a graduate soon. I think she should start on with her carrier and then . . "

"Raghav I need to say something!" Dadi said in a serious tone. 

"I will agree for Rithu's marriage only if Pallavi agrees for this alliance."

"What? But why?"

"Raghav. If she disagrees, then it's almost like insulting me because I am the one who brought up this alliance. Look I know I am being adamant in this matter but you see, I can't face that family if their daughter rejects this proposal and how can you expect me to arrange Rithu's marriage with their son? Plus no matter how much you deny, you like her because you instantly agreed to get married to her. This happened for the first time and probably for the last time."

"But what about Rithu?"

"She is my grand daughter. I raised her and she need to obey me."

"Dadi, I understand that you terribly want me and Pallavi to get married but Rithu loves Pranav. Can't you see that?"

"Raghav, consider it as my self respect. This is final."

"And what if Rithu goes against your wish."

"Then I will no longer consider her as my family."

"Dadi, it's her life. She has got her own choices."

"But I have never asked anything from both of you. And for the first time I am going to plan something for you two. And if one you dare to insult me by going against my wish, then consider that Geethanjali Rao is no more"