Chapter 5

The next morning, Rachel drops me to the airport, and I quickly find my way to Emma, Grace, and Magda. Emma seems happy I don't look drunk, and we wait for the plane to be ready. Once everything is settled, we fly to Paris and quickly we are led to the place where the interviews and all we'll be done. We must dress as Chelsea's players for the first part, then as a National Team's player, and then in a more casual way. We do a bunch of media things together and alone, and then, we are directed to a room with the other players to wait for the UEFA make-up and dressing teams. Since I've finished first, there is almost no one in the room. Only Patri Guijarro and Sandra Paños are sitting here.

"Hola, Jay!" Patri stands up as she sees me.

"Hola, Patri." I hug her tightly. "Como estas?"

"Bien, hermana." She kisses my temple. "It's been long enough."

"Quarter final, isn't it?" I smirk.

"Bad memories." Sandra chuckles. "It's nice to see you here."

"Change from the usual training sessions in Alicante, right?" I wink at the older goalkeeper.

"Always a pleasure to have you around, you know it." Sandra hugs me.

"How is Sara?" I wonder and we sit around the small table.

"She is good, new job and all, but she is loving it." The goalkeeper smiles.

"She'll do good." Patri states.

"No doubt." I agree.

"Jaaaaay!" I hear Jill entering the room.

"Oh, hell, Jill." I laugh. "Why so loud?"

"I missed you!!!" She runs to me and hugs me from behind.

"She can't stop talking about you." Lena walks to us too. "It gets annoying."

"She is annoying." I smirk, and Jill fakes being hurt.

"Bro, why so mean?" She pouts.

"Because I love you." I kiss her cheek and wrap my arms around her neck.

"Better." She smiles happy with that.

"And so, this is where the children are." Nadine Kessler walks in with the rest of the players behind her making us all stand up properly.

"They had to bring Jayden Daly to the show, hadn't they?" Lina Magull rolls her eyes playfully.

"Look who is going to have her ass kicked again on Thursday." I walk to the Bayern girls.

"I hate you." Georgia opens her arms nevertheless. "Please be kind, let us score."

"Sorry, friend, I can't please Magull, it's against my motto." I wink at the German.

"What can possibly be that motto?" Svenja Huth wonders.

"Better die than let the German smile." Sandie Toletti completes and high fives me. "Since day 1."

"I remember." Georgia nods. "Montpellier camp, right?"

"Forever." I laugh. "You're good, Sandie?"

"Always when we don't lose against Barcelona." She teases.

"Sensible topic!" Amandine and Ada walk in. "Alexia is still growling over the Caro's dive."

"Leila has been a nightmare, yesterday." I state.

"Did you have the relentless 'Caro is not a diver' chorus again and again?" Kadi Diani laughs.

"Of course." I nod. "Lieke was the same?"

"Fuck off, Daly." Lieke rolls her eyes. "I didn't miss you."

"Liar." I smirk. "Give me a hug."

She hugs me tightly and all the other girls greet me too, except Alexia Putellas who stands there with a confused look on her face.

"I guess we haven't been introduced yet." She extends her hand. "Alexia Putellas."

"Jayden Daly." I smile and shake her hand.

"You play for Chelsea and England, right?" She wonders.

"Exactly, Barcelona and Spain, right?" I ask back as if I didn't know already.

"Yes." She laughs a bit.

"As if you didn't know already, Jay." Patri smirks from her chair and I give her my best middle finger, which makes her laugh loudly.

"Is Patri able to laugh again?" Sandra looks at her in disbelief. "It's been ages since you've laughed like that."

"Jayden always has this effect on me." Patri shrugs.

"It's what the kid does." Caroline Weir winks at me. "She makes people happy."

"Wow, Caro, nicest thing you ever said about me." I grin widely. "Spain made you nicer."

"Nope." She shakes her head. "You're just able to get compliments now. During our time at Liverpool, you would have been more boastful than needed."

"I wasn't." I deny.

"You were love." Georgia taps my shoulder.

"Glad you've changed." Grace massages my shoulder softly.

We all chitchat for a while before the UEFA staff arrive. We are separated in groups, and I start in the make-up room, then the hair stylist takes care of me, and I end up with Magda to try on our outfits. Magda has a nice dark blue dress that perfectly hugs her curves, and they gave me a beautiful baby blue feminine suit with a white top. Since I've brought my all-white Alexander McQueen shoes, it fits perfectly with it all. My hair is perfectly put into a ponytail and the make-up is light but enough to sublimate my blue eyes.

"They did well with you, kid." Magda smiles. "Let's go."

She side hugs me and we go back to the waiting room. Jill is showing around in her perfect lilac suit and Georgia is whistling playfully. I lean against the wall and laugh slightly. Jill turns around and smirks widely.

"Baby blue, a classic." She points at me.

"Lilac, what suits you best." I smile.

"You look good too." She hugs me.

"They did amazing with you, girls." Patri states in her dark-red suit.

"Not so bad yourself." I eye her up and down.

We wait for the others to come, and everyone look gorgeous. From Ada's silver dress to Caroline's black jumpsuit, all our outfits fit us. We chitchat around a glass of champagne before following the crew members to the big ceremony room. It's not filmed so it's cool, at least no one will be there to overlook after us.

I sit where my name is put and look around me. Grace, Magda, Patri, Sandra, and Alexia. They decided to put us with Barcelona. Well, at least I'll catch up with Patri, who is sitting next to me. The other table are done like that: Bayern and Lyon, Wolfsburg and Paris, Madrid and Juventus. The coaches are all together around the same table. We listen to Nadine Kessler one more time, before seeing a bunch of UEFA members introducing their work.