Chapter 9

April 2nd, 2023, Birmingham, Poudland Bescot Stadium

Gameday against Aston Villa. I am playing against my sister, what a shame. We've been annoying each other for weeks about who is going to win and today, we'll find out. I hope she'll have a good game because we are leaving for National Camp right after the game, and if she is in a bad mood, the ride to St George's Park will be long as fuck.

The first half is easy for us as we win 5-0 already. Sam, Pernille, and Millie scored, Fran managed to have a brace. On my side, I had nothing to do. For the second half, we can feel the Villa girls getting more and more aggressive not always in a good way. Their defenders are going harshly on our players' ankles and Emma is getting furious on the side not wanting one of us to get injured before the semis. A little contest starts between me and Kenza Dali also as the French players had two huge opportunities, but I stopped them both. For us, Sam and Grace scored again.

Currently, Kenza Dali is again running in deep behind Millie's back and she manages to have the ball. She sprints towards me, and I step forward but don't get on the ground too fast, so she doesn't try the lob. I can see I'm frustrating her as she doesn't know what to choose. She steps in the box and tries to go for the dribble, but I knew it and dive in her feet taking the ball perfectly. I stay on the ground protecting my ball with a huge smirk on my face.

"I thought I loved Daly people, turns out I hate you." The French girl whispers in my ear playfully tapping my shoulder.

"I don't do justice to the family." I smile back at her as I get up. "Sorry."

She laughs and I send the ball to Millie. Some time passes by, and Aston Villa is attacking still. Ruesha Littlejohn finds Rachel on the left side, Rachel dribbles past by Niahm and sends a beautiful shot straight to the top bin. The trajectory doesn't allow me to go for it and I watch the ball hitting the crossbar before touching the net. Well done, Rach. I look at my sister with a playful glare, half amazed by what she just did, half angry to end my clean sheet run. She celebrates happily with her teammates and quickly after, the referee whistles. Win 7-1. Not bad. I walk to Rachel and our family, and I can see the smirk on her face.

"I don't know if I hate you or am proud of you..." I chuckle taking her in a tight embrace. "This was an unbelievable shot."

"Thank you, Jay." She kisses my cheek. "You were great too. Kenza hates you."

"I know, she told me." I laugh and hug my brother and mother.

"I'm so glad I showed you I'm still the big sister." Rachel teases me. "You needed a little reminder."

"Girls, a word for your fans?" Millie walks to us with the camera on.

"What did you all think about this goal? Did I destroy this little nugget?" Rachel pokes my cheek.

"It had to happen, right?" I roll my eyes. "Please, give some credit to this old soul, she needs to know she is still in the game."

"Jerk." Rachel hits my shoulder playfully and we laugh with Millie.

"You love me." I kiss her temple, and she tightens her grip around my waist.

"Sure thing I do." She smiles.

"For more Daly sisters adventures, please stay tune, England camp is starting tomorrow." Millie ends her live. "Let's go for a week of full fun."

"Last camp before the final list for the World Cup, we're going to work as hell, mate." I state.

"Oh, yeah, right..." Millie frowns.

We laugh and go to the locker-room happily. We get ready and we go to our taxi. Since St George's Park is near Birmingham, the FA made sure we could come straight to the camp after the game. We have around 1 hour in cab, so we chitchat with Millie, Fran, and Rachel. Beth, Jess, Niahm, and Lauren are in another cab following us. Once we arrive, we greet Sarina quickly and we join our respective room. We aren't rooming with someone since the EURO since it seems to be the new rule around football. We need private spaces. Anyway, I check who I've got next to me. Rachel, of course, and Jess Carter. Not bad, I'll have a good laugh at least. I chill a bit in my room and go down for dinner. I'm immediately met by Georgia and Keira.