Chapter 27

The girls keep on talking but it keeps turning inside my brain. What if Alexia left just because of me? Could she regret it at some point? Could she be mad at me for that? Did she risk her entire career just for me?

"Eh, come with me." Alexia whispers in my ear and leads me on the side. "What is it?"

"Hm?" I hum.

"You're in your head, not talking, and most probably overthinking..." Alexia makes me look at her. "What is happening?"

"Did you leave Barca just because of me?" I frown and look down.

"Not at all, Jay." She chuckles softly. "Patri was just saying you helped me choose my destination, I wanted to leave even before we met each other in Paris."

"Are you sure?" I clench my jaw. "I don't want you to hate me if things go wrong on or off the field..."

"Perfectly sure." She cups my cheeks gently. "This." She gestures between us with her head. "Has nothing to do with my move or me leaving Barcelona. It came unexpected, Jayden, I don't know what it is about you, I just feel good around you. And no matter if I went to Lyon, Paris, Arsenal, or Chelsea, I would have tried something with you. It just happens that you're in the best team in Europe, officially, and I want to be in the best team."

"Alright." I breathe out relieved.

"We're good?" Alexia wonders.

"All good." I nod and hug her tightly.

We walk back to the girls, and I excuse myself because I need to shower. They are all invited by the UEFA afterwards, so we'll see them after. Erin and I enter the locker room dancing and singing, and everyone joins us. We take some time to enjoy ourselves, and then, we go to the UEFA reception.

When we arrive, I directly join my family and Rachel hugs me as if she didn't see me in ages. We talk for some time and then, Leah, Keira, and Beth come with us. We dance, sing, take picture, and we end up outside once we are too hot. We sit on a bench, and we hear people talking upon us on the balcony.

"I just want to be sure you're not going to break her, Ale." I recognize Lucy's voice. "She is like my sister, she always made sure Keira and I were good, I won't let you do shit."

"I will not, Luce, I swear." Alexia tells her.

"So, you are totally over Jenni, right?" My English teammate wonders.

"More than ever." Alexia states. "It's been a while now and I swear to God, I'm ready for a real relationship. I don't want to play around, if I end up with Jayden, it won't be just like that, it won't be casual dating or whatever people do now."

"Does she know about it?" Lucy chuckles.

"I don't think she does." Alexia laughs. "But it's a talk we'll have. Maybe during our holidays."

"You do know she didn't date someone since her father passed away, right?" My friend warns Alexia.

"I didn't know but I understand." Alexia sighs. "I've waited 4 years before dating anyone after my dad passed away, I couldn't open up at all. Jay is better than me at this."

"In surface, she is." Lucy agrees. "But deep down inside, it's still very hard for her to let people in."

"Can we stop listening?" I whisper to my friends.

"Sure..." Leah nods and we head inside.

We go back inside, and I sit a bit resting my head on my sister's shoulder. I close my eyes thinking about the things I've heard. Of course, it's good things, I feel the same. If I get my way with Alexia, it won't be just another relationship. I can't do this type of relationship anymore. I need safety, closeness, honesty, trust... and mainly someone I can truly open up to.