Chapter 12

We exit the locker-room convinced we are going to win. I walk with a determined look on my face, and it changes from the frowns on the Barca girls' faces. The second half starts, and we are back to the attack-defense we were in before the pause. I make some important saves disgusting the Barca girls in the process. The fans are yelling my name from time to time, and it makes me want more. Around the 72nd minute, we actually manage to have a corner. I step up on the pitch to be able to manage the depth as Stuart asked me to. Unfortunately, we lose the ball and Mapi sends a long ball towards Oshoala. I'm very high on the pitch and I feel like I can stop their offense quickly. I decide to go for it and cut the ball sending it in the stand under the wild applause of our fans. But as I'm shooting in the ball with my two feet in the air, I feel Oshoala's foot colliding with my tibia. I scream and land on the ground a couple meters further near the Barca bench. The referee whistles and waits to see how I am doing.

"Are you okay?" I hear a Spanish girl ask me and I look up to see Alexia ready to enter the pitch.

"I'll be fine." I nod.

"You can't miss me getting on the pitch, can you?" She chuckles and helps me up.

"Not really." I smile but it turns to a frown when I feel the pain in my leg.

"Goalkeeper, are you okay?" The referee asks.

"I'll survive." I chuckle and run back to my box.

Oshoala takes a yellow card and Geyse replaces her, Keira goes off too for Alexia. This won't be easier... Millie checks on me and we start back with the ball as it was a free kick. We keep the ball for three good minutes before Geyse manages to run in deep towards my area. I try to see what is going on, only Kadeisha is battling with her, no other attackers are around and from afar, I see Eve sprinting back. Geyse decides to run to her right and crosses her shot on the ground. The power of the effort only allows me to put my hand on it, but not to catch it. Fortunately, Eve tackles right in front of Alexia who could have pushed the ball in the empty net. I get up and hug Eve powerfully. We both scream in victory and focus on the corner. Caroline takes it and sends the ball on Alexia's head. The Barca captain touches it just like she would have done to score, but I stretch perfectly and send it over the crossbar.

"Come on!" I yell as I get up. "We need to take those balls!"

As if they obey to me, my defenders manage to send the ball away on the second corner and we run higher on the pitch. Barca continues to put pressure on us by attacking relentlessly but they can't find good opportunities. After 3 long minutes of added time, the referee blows the end of the game. First step done. The stadium cheer loudly and I fall on the ground exhaustedly. Millie runs to me almost immediately and lifts me up embracing me tightly.

"We did it!" She whispers. "We beat them!"

"We did indeed, but it's just the first step, Millie!" I warn her. "There is another game, and we will suffer, let me tell you..."

"Enjoy tonight, kid." Millie rolls her eyes. "We'll think about the second leg later."

"Sure." I chuckle and see Lucy and Keira walking to us.

"Remember what Nikita bet, Jay, she is right for the moment." Lucy winks at me.

"You won't score three goals to me, Luce." I shake my head.

"In Camp Nou, everything can happen." Keira shrugs with a small smile.

"Jay!! My personal assist maker!" Sam jumps on me and Lucy and Keira walk away. "What a game, bro."

"Two goals, Superstar, this is how I like you." I wink at her.

"I need to score at Camp Nou now." Sam states. "It'll be way harder."

"Don't tell me about it..." I frown. "You saw what 41,000 fans can do... just imagine twice that amount..."

"We'll have to enjoy every second of it, even if it's against us." Sam smiles.

"You're right." I chuckle.

"Hey, goalkeeper!" Asisat Oshoala walks to me. "Are you okay? Sorry for that kick, didn't expect you there."

"No problem, I'll be fine." I shake her hand, and she smiles.

"Good game you did. Try not to replicate that next week." She chuckles.

"As I told Alexia, I can't promise that." I laugh back.

"What did you tell me?" I feel an arm wrapping around my shoulder.

"I can't promise I won't be good." I wink at the Catalan.

"I can't believe you saved my header..." She sighs.

"I couldn't let you score in my house, right?" I smirk.

"Oh, but you'll let me score in mine?" She smirks back.

"I'll try my best not to." I smile and I hear the fans singing my name.

"They were great." Alexia states. "You should enjoy them and go to them."

"Not as impressive as the Camp Nou but it's a good start, right?" I chuckle.

"Yeah." I send me a small smile.

"You're alright?" I wonder seeing the frown on her face.

"Fine, don't worry. Go enjoy your night." She fakes a happy face.

"Eh, you know you can talk to me, right? I don't only talk about football..." I offer.

"I'll think about it." She nods. "Thank you. Oh, and beautiful assist, Jay."

"I had to impress you a bit." I wink at her.

"Successfully done." She smiles widely.

I smile back and run to my teammates who are celebrating widely with the fans. I get in the mood and enjoy the night, dancing and singing all night long with Rachel, Leah, Beth, and our friends who came to the game.

Instagram

Liked by alexiaputellas, samanthakerr20 and 21,287 others

jaydendaly4 Good result tonight but still a lot to do to get to the final ! We keep working 💪🏽

samanthakerr20 Assist maker 😍😍
alexiaputellas That save 🤌🏼
patri8guijarro Didn't know I hate you so much 😪
jillroord 🤯💗💗💗
greiten Who is she ? 🫣🫣🫣