Chapter 50

We shake hands and happily greet the fans. Rachel gives me a big hug and Leah walks next to me around the stadium, her arm around my shoulder. We spend some more minutes with our family, Amanda and Jacob came to the game and are sitting next to my mom, Annabel, and Andy.

"Jay!" Our media manager calls me. "Post-game interview, captain."

"Right." I nod with a cheeky smile. "Get home safely, guys."

            I hug my family and run to the media area. I take the mic and Alex Scott smiles at me. We hug quickly and she starts.

"And we are here with our captain of the night, Jayden Daly." Alex smiles. "How do you feel after that brilliant win?"

"I couldn't dream for more, Alex." I shake my head not realizing. "Being captain of the National Team, here at Anfield, in the town that means so much to me. There are no words to describe the feeling. The win is a very good one, new tactics, young players, but we've been incredible. I'm very proud of us."

"You can be." Alex winks at me. "Tell me about Leah not playing tonight, any injury?"

"No, don't worry, Leah is a fighter, we just need some rest from time to time." I state. "And you know her she won't let me wear the armband for too long in fear I might get used to it."

"Sounds like her indeed." Alex laughs.

"Jayden, one last game before the World Cup, are you ready to face the best teams in the World?" She asks.

"Born ready." I nod. "As a footballer, it's a dream to play for your country, let alone in such an important competition. We are all ready to fight and to win."

"Thank you very much for stopping by, captain." Alex hugs me.

            I go back to the locker room, and then to the bus. The drive is a short one, and we decide to quickly go to bed. As I am about to drift to sleep, my phone rings.

Mi Amor 🥰❤️‍🔥 is connecting...

"Hola, mi amor." I say in a baby voice. "Good timing, I was almost asleep."

"Tiring to wear the armband, isn't it?" She smirks a bit.

"You know better than I do." I chuckle. "Are you good?"

"Exhausted but okay." She looks down.

"Still Jorge?" I wonder.

"No, not tonight." She denies. "My mind has been wandering around some other topics."

"Such as?" I frown.

"I don't know, half my teammates debating whether they want to fuck you or kill you, Maya and Leah being all over you..." Alexia sighs.

"Wait, what? Who wants to kill me?" I chuckle nervously. "And what is Leah doing in all of this?"

"She is always around you, your families are getting along very well, you spend time with her..." Alexia enumerates. "I'm scared, Jayden."

"I swear it's not like that, mi amor." I deny. "You shouldn't be scared, Leah knows I love you, she is one of my greatest friends since Youth Teams. Just like you and Leila, or Mapi, or Vir..."

"I know, sorry..." She looks down. "It's just hard to be so far away from you when they have you around everyday..."

"I understand, babe." I send her a small smile. "I miss you very much too and not kissing you, not hugging you, and not spending time with you is also hard. But in a month, we won't be thinking about that anymore. We'll be together always."

"I can't wait..." She smiles a bit. "I miss you very much indeed."

            We keep talking for an hour before heading to bed.

Instagram

Liked by alexiaputellas, racheldaly3 and 91,089 others

jaydendaly4 It doesn't get better than that 😍 Captaining England at Anfield is the best thing ever, thank you fans for the support and love 💗 thank you Coach for the opportunity 🤝🏼🤍❤️

leahwilliamsonn Captain 🫡❤️
alexiaputellas Proud ❤️‍🔥
racheldaly3 My baby sister 🥹🥹
greiten 😎😎