Chapter 51

A/N : There is a jump in time right here, but I need to do this to keep the story interesting. Get ready for some drama 😈 Hope you still enjoy the story.

August 2nd, 2023, Sydney, England vs Colombia

And this is it. End of the third game of the group stage. We win 4-0 and end the group stage without a goal conceded, 3 wins, 12 goals scored and the first place. We couldn't do more than that. We check hands with the opponents and take time to greet our fans. Then, we go to the locker room and celebrate the qualification. Round of 16, here we are.

"Jay, how stressed are you?" Georgia smirks.

"About?" I frown.

"Well, we all know it." She starts. "If Spain doesn't do better than Germany tomorrow, they'll be second, and we will play them next round."

"Let's face it, G." I chuckle. "I've accepted the truth a while ago. I'm ready to face them."

"How cool would it be to show their fake coach how better than them we are?" Meado teases.

"I would die to see his face when we destroy them, honestly." I admit. "But I'd be gutted for the girls. They don't deserve that."

"Let's do our best, no matter what it implies for the others." Leah taps my thigh.

We keep talking for a while because heading to the hotel. Once we are in our respective rooms, I decide to take my computer since I want to watch a movie. That's when I see Alexia calling me. As it is a FaceTime call, I take it with my computer.

"One second, cariño." She whispers and I hear voices behind her. "Try to record that talk, please."

"We need to score quickly tomorrow." I recognize Montse's voice and start recording with my phone. "We need to do better than Germany. No matter what."

"Don't get us wrong. We're not afraid of England." Jorge comments. "But we rather play China."

"If we do play England..." Kenio Gonzalo sighs. "We need to get ready for a psychologic war. This is what we will do. As soon as the game ends, and that we know what Germany did, we must get in their heads. Post-game interviews are the first step. Be confident, arrogant, show them we don't fear them. Only Esther, Ivana, and Claudia are allowed to go."

"For everyone." Jorge warns. "And I mean everyone." He stops. "If we play England, you will be forbidden to talk to English people. No matter what they are to you."

"What the fuck?" Patri asks madly. "You have no right to do this."

"I don't care." Jorge chuckles madly. "You accepted to come back, you listen to the rules. From the moment we leave the hotel before the game tomorrow, until the end of the game against England, we'll ask you to leave your phone at the entrance of the bus."

"This is unfair." Olga tries.

"We'll do exception for people who can prove us they don't contact England players." Montse states.

"You're crazy." Mapi growls.

"We're just ready to do whatever it takes to beat our opponents." Kenio says.

"And we don't need inside knowledge to be given to our enemies." Jorge explains.

"What knowledge?" Alexia scoffs. "It's not like you know something their coach or players don't know."

"Enough." Jorge roars. "You don't have your word to say about that. I suggest you say your goodbyes tonight. And you can tell your girlfriend she can go to hell by the way. I can't wait for us to destroy her in all the ways possible."

"Don't you dare touch her." Alexia growls.

"I agree, you better not try anything bad against their players." Patri joins Alexia.

"Or else you won't play with us on the pitch." Mapi states.

"Nor me." Mariona agrees.

"Don't count on me neither." Ona speaks up.

"Nor me." Leila keeps up.

"We get it." Montse cuts them.

"And we don't care." Jorge ends the talk. "Everyone in your room, now."

I hear everyone getting mad and Alexia walks away, she turns the camera to her face, and I cut the record. I'm greeted by an unhappy, exhausted, and concerned look on my girlfriend's face. I clench my jaw feeling the angriness getting to my head. I need to shut up until she is alone. Alexia finally enters her room and sits on her bed.

"Did you hear that?" She whispers.

"I recorded that..." I nod.

"Thanks God..." She sighs. "Please, warn your teammates, don't get in their game. Keep playing football, I'll warn Nadine Kessler about this, or maybe you can?"

"I'll talk to her if we do play you." I agree. "But Ale, you need to be careful. He is up to no good, mainly with you and the girls who don't follow him."

"I know..." She looks down. "I'm scared for you, cariño..."

"I'm tough, babe, they can try, they won't hurt me." I smirk. "I won't let them hurt me. I promise."

"This is getting out of hands, Jayden..." Alexia admits. "Teresa, Marta, Athenea, and Olga came crying to us today. They don't know how to deal with it all anymore. Even Claudia told me she is scared of what she hears in the meetings leaders have with Jorge."

"I hope we'll get to play you so badly." I state. "Just to see his face when he realizes he should have stayed home a long time ago."

"I'm going to miss you so damn much... I don't know how I'll do without you until the game." Alexia's eyes water.

"Think about next season, baby, keep that idea in mind." I suggest. "Think about all the time we'll spend together, all the cuddles we're about to do, all the kisses I'll give you, the pleasure I'll provide you, and all the things we'll discover together. I promise you it'll be over soon. Soon, you'll get back home to your family, and then, I'll get back to you."

"I love you." She simply states.

"I love you too, mi amor." I smile.

"Alexia!" Someone knocks on the door. "Meeting in 10 in Ona's room."

"Fine, Mapi, I'll be there." Alexia says back. "I've got to take my shower, cariño. Speak to you tomorrow before the game..."

"I hope so." I send her a kiss.

We hang up and I sigh loudly. If Spain ends second of their group, the war will start. And I'm not one to lose a war.

Instagram

Liked by marialeonn16, patri8guijarro, and 104,058 others

jaydendaly4 Group stage is over 😈 we're ready to fight whoever comes our way ⚔️ Australia looks beautiful by the way @samanthakerr20

samanthakerr20 Did you expect anything else? 😎
alexiaputellas 😍❤️‍🔥
jillroord 💪🏽
lucybronze Next step, keeper 🫶🏽