Chapter 52

The next day, I make sure to warn Sarina about the talk I've heard the night before. Leah, the staff, and I are reunited in the meeting room when the recording stops playing.

"This is mad." Leah scoffs.

"Insane." Arjan clenches his jaw madly.

"Calm down, guys." Sarina tries to stay calm herself. "We can't use it for the moment. If we do play them, I'll warn Nadine Kessler myself. I'm practically sure we'll need to play the game anyway. But she'll warn the referees and authorities in charge."

"What do you want us to do?" Leah wonders.

"If they want a war, we'll give them one." Sarina speaks up. "But it'll be a very cold one."

Some hours later

            We are all gathered in the common room of our hotel. Germany is winning, Spain is drawing. This time, it's sure, we'll play Spain during the round of 16. When the game stops, Sarina asks us all to gather. She plays the audio I've recorded last night, and all my teammates start to get mad.

"Girls!" Sarina calms everyone down. "This is exactly what we need to avoid. This is what Jorge Vilda wants. It is our responsibility to win the next game. We must make this man leaves the World of Football for real. Me and the staff will focus on the administrative side of this. You'll focus on football.  Tomorrow, we'll start training again as if nothing ever happened. Spain staff members need to think we know nothing about it all."

"We know you all got friends on the other side." Arjan adds. "And don't worry, we'll make sure their suffering end after Tuesday night."

"Until now, no one else but Leah and Jayden are allowed to speak to journalists not working for the FA. You'll both be trained before interviews and press conferences." Sarina informs us. "If anyone needs to see the therapist to be ready for this game, just ask, we'll provide you the support you need."

"Coach." Rachel raises her hand. "If they touch my sister, am I allowed to punch them back?"

"Don't worry too much, we promise you if anything goes beyond football. We will make sure to stop it." Arjan nods towards me.

"They better not injure one of us, or I swear to God..." Millie growls.

"Let's think positively, girls." Leah stops them. "We're better than that."

            The next days will, for sure, be hard as hell. I need to stay focus, make sure we are ready to win, and mainly that we are ready to fight.

Instagram

Liked by jaydendaly4, mbright4 and 72,096 others

racheldaly3 Hold on! Is that Spanish snacks I see for the next round? 😋 Bring it on ladies 😈

Comments disabled

         It's now Monday and we are doing the pre-game conference this afternoon. Sarina and I will go together as if nothing has changed. Leah did the last one, so it's my turn. As I exit the locker room alone after the training I ended later than the others because I stayed with Hempo to work on her freekicks, Maya runs behind me.