Chapter 31

It's been two days of discovery, laughter, and good times with Patri, Claudia, and Alexia. Surprisingly, the four of us are getting along super well. We manage to have time alone, time shared with only one of the three others, and mainly "couples" time. Each moment brings Alexia and I closer. We are acting like a couple by now even if we didn't talk about it officially. We just don't kiss or have sex, we are cuddling, waking up each other with breakfast, making sure the other one is happy and all. But we're not together. Yet.

Flashback

I am watching the sky, sitting near the pool, I am alone, and the silence makes me relax. Suddenly, I feel someone sitting next to me. I see Alexia from the corner of my eyes, but I don't move or talk. She seems to understand and simply wraps her arm around my waist, bringing me closer and allowing me to relax against her side. I put my head on her shoulder and slowly drift to sleep.

"I really enjoy moments like this with you, Jay..." Alexia whispers.

"I love it too." I whisper back. "You make me feel calm and safe."

"Best thing to hear." She kisses the top of my head.

"You know, I've heard you talk with Luce on the Champions League Final's night." I state.

"About what?" She wonders.

"The way you were seeing our future relationship." I inform her.

"Oh..." She gulps. "Like not a casual relationship?"

"Yeah..." I nod. "Just know it's the same for me. I won't do anything if it doesn't lead us to something real and meaningful."

"I didn't imagine it any other way." Alexia smiles. "I just want us to take our time."

"Sounds perfect to me." I chuckle. "I'm still scared, you know?"

"Why?" She wonders.

"Even if I don't show it, my dad's death broke something in me." I sigh. "It's like I've lost the best part of me, the part that allowed me to love and trust people. You're the first person I open up to since he left. People who know me best have acknowledged it already. Luce, Leah, Rach, and Millie tried to help me, but nothing worked."

"Until now?" Alexia asks hopefully.

"Until you." I smile.

"I'll take care of you, Jayden, I've promised you that." She kisses my temple. "Do you trust me on that one?"

"I do." I nod and tighten my embrace around her.

"Then, we'll be good."

End of flashback

Today is our last day here. Our plane is leaving at 9 pm so we can enjoy the entire day. This morning, we went on a run near the sea. We still have programs to follow and exercises to do. Currently, I am relaxing in the pool with Patri, and we are talking about the World Cup coming up next.

"How are you feeling about it?" I wonder with my back and elbows resting against the pool frame.

"Honestly?" Patri sighs. "I'm scared as hell. Jorge is doing nothing good. We are mentally at our worse, and we don't trust each other anymore. We agreed to play because it's a World Cup... but it'll be weird, and hard."

"Sounds bad..." I sigh. "I'm sorry, Patri..."

"Don't be. I'm not the worst case." She states. "There'll be other tournaments for me. But look at Leila, Sandra, even Alexia... It could be their last World Cup. Worse with Jenni and Irene who won't even be there..."