Chapter 63

It doesn't take long for Alexia to join me looking a bit lost. She tries to find something to do around me but ends up pouting slightly.

"What can I do for you, baby?" I chuckle.

"How can I help?" She wonders with a baby voice.

"You can't really." I smile at her defeated face. "Or maybe you can make sure tomatoes are clean and bring them back to my mom. She'll be happy with that."

"Good idea." She excitedly starts to clean the tomatoes I've already cleaned before.

"Are you stressed?" I chuckle.

"I just want to be helpful, cariño." She shrugs and I walk behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.

"You should relax, mi amor." I whisper in her ear. "You've played well, you must be exhausted. Let me handle it and enjoy your night."

"Are you sure?" She sighs.

"Absolutely." I kiss her cheek gently. "And don't forget the tomatoes."

"Right." She chuckles, kisses me gently, and brings back the tomatoes to my mother.

            I keep cooking and after some minutes, it's my sister's turn to come to the kitchen. But she doesn't want to help. She just sits there and smiles.

"I saw you've completed your picture frame." Rachel smirks.

"Yeah..." I chuckle.

"You two look good together, and I suppose, you're living together now?" She wonders.

"It's easier and it felt natural." I nod. "I really love her, you know?"

"I can tell." She agrees. "I wanted to talk to you about something, Jay."

"Sure, go ahead." I encourage her and put my dish in the oven.

"Well, you know I am thinking a lot about my after-career, and I've always wanted to create my own music, my own brand, right?" She starts and I hum positively. "Let's say it's getting clearer since the World Cup and all that happened during the last months."

"Just tell me, Rach." I chuckle at her nervousness.

"I would like to name my brand 'Proud Dad'. It'll be a way for fathers to show their love, for daughters to create a strong bond with their dads, and a way to remember Pops." Rachel explains. "And since it's very related to what happened to you during the tournament, I just wanted to have your thoughts on that."

"It'll just add reasons for Pops to be the proudest dad up here." I smile with tears rushing to my eyes. "Go for it, Rachel, I'm 100% behind you, no matter what."

"I'm about to create groups of proud dads, I hope Vilda is not going to move to England soon." Rachel laughs. "He'll get his ass kicked."

"I would love to see that." I chuckle and we walk back to the living room. "Thank you for making sure it was okay with me."

"I'm always so glad to witness my daughters' bond." My mom smiles. "It makes me so happy."

"Forever." Rachel kisses my temple and side hugs.

"Oh, Jay, we were wondering earlier." Andy says. "When do you have your semesterly appointments with Dr Lewis?"

"One in two days, one around my birthday." I frown. "Why?"

"We just wondered why you're the only one she is seeing semesterly." Annabel explains. "Andy has to go every month."

"And I see her twice a week still." My mom states.

"Once a month." Rachel rolls her eyes. "Thanks God she is doing this on Zoom."

"Agree." I point at Rachel. "But I don't know, she probably thinks she saw me enough the first two or three months."

"Oh, yeah, I remember." My mom laughs. "She was even coming to Liverpool to make sure you were doing alright. I like that therapist, she helped you a lot."

"For sure..." I send them a small smile and sit next to Alexia.

"A therapist?" She asks softly caressing my hand with her thumb. "You never told me about it..."

"Haven't seen her since we've met." I shrug.

"What about the next one in two days?" She seems concerned.

"Quick check on whether or not I am doing good." I roll my eyes.

"But since she is in love now, everything is going to be alright." My mom smiles widely.

"Mom..." I sigh nervously. 

"Well, if you're in love, then, we're safe." Alexia chuckles and kisses my neck gently.

            We spend the night eating, drinking at the memory of our dad, telling each other stories about our childhood, and laughing about the things I've done as a kid. My family makes sure to embarrass me in front of Alexia, but this is also why I love them. Tonight, I'm happy surrounded by my people.