Chapter 67

November 29th, 2023, Cobham, Jayden and Alexia's house

Alexia and I have a rest day today just before joining our National Team for the last time of the year. I am peacefully doing the laundry in the living-room, and Alexia is tidying around the house. Suddenly, we hear loud bangs on our front door.

"Cariño!" Alexia shouts from the bathroom. "Can you take it? It's probably Sam freaking out about some goals she scored at FIFA..."

"I get it." I chuckle and open the door revealing a panicked Sam. "Wow, what's up?"

"Should I really do that, Jay?" She walks in the house. "Am I really ready for all of this? We are not even living together..."

"Okay, relax..." I whisper, and she sits on my couch. "Are we talking proposal right now?"

"Of course, we are." She sighs. "Is it a good idea?"

"It is if you are ready." I state.

"I don't know anymore..." She confesses.

"What's up?" Alexia walks to me worriedly.

"Oh..." I look at Sam quickly, and she gestures me to explain. "Sam wants to propose to Kristie. But she is stressing out, right now." I wink at Alexia so she plays the surprised girl.

"That's brilliant, Sam!" Alexia smiles widely. "Kristie is waiting for you to do so for so long."

"Really?" I chuckle.

"Wait!" Sam turns to us. "Really?"

"Yes!" Alexia smiles. "We were talking about that in the kitchen the other day. She really hopes you'll do it soon."

"Best news." Sam excitedly looks at us. "But wait." She reflects. "If she is hoping for it, I really don't have the right to mess up!"

"Relax, mate." I chuckle. "We've been talking about it already. Just be yourself."

"Just be real." Alexia nods. "And shiny."

"Told you." I point at my friend. "So, what made you freak out like that?"

"Roses." She confesses. "Do I just put roses? What color of roses? Do I do a heart with them? Do I ask for 'Marry Me?" to be written with roses? Do I need to have different colors, different types, different sizes?"

"Okay..." Alexia stops her. "First, you need to breathe out, relax, drink some water, and then, you bring us all the things you've done already, and we'll help."

"Really?" Sam smiles. "Thank you so much. I'll be right back."

Sam runs out of the house going straight to hers. I laugh at her and go to the kitchen taking three glasses and some water. I set them on the living-room table and turn to Alexia.

"Do you have a lot of experience with proposal, mi amor?" I raise my eyebrow with a smirk.

"Told you, that's what old people like me are thinking about." She winks at me. "Some of my friends have been there before and I've helped."

"Maybe one day you'll think about it for us." I innocently suggest.

"Oh, because you're not the one who is going to propose?" She smirks, and I blush slightly.

"Am I supposed to?" I ask worriedly.

"Step by step, cariño." Alexia laughs. "Nobody is supposed to do anything. We'll see where time leads us. Look at Sam, she never thought she will do this one day."

"And now, she is panicking because she wants everything to be perfect." I nod understandingly.

"Exactly." Alexia kisses my lips softly. "Maybe one day, I'll be the one panicking."

"No need to." I deny. "It'll probably be a big yes."

"I've got everything!" Sam runs back exhaustedly with a lot of papers in her hands.

"Oh my God..." Alexia laughs. "I feel like we're in for the day."

"Probably more..." I chuckle.

We help Sam with the papers and start discussing the way Sam should propose to Kristie. Funny how the meaningful things are always the most complicated things to plan.

At the end of the day, we are laying on the couch completely tired by the day we had. Alexia is laying on me, and I'm playing with her hair gently, when she starts talking.

"What are we doing for Christmas, cariño?" She wonders.

"Oh..." I sigh. "Not exactly my favorite time of the year... but probably something with my family." I tell her. "Wait? Did you say "we"?" I realize.

"I did." She chuckles.

"Aren't you going back home?" I frown.

"Well, it's the plan for now..." She admits. "But I was thinking and my Mom and Alba never visited London properly, so I thought maybe we could do something here together with both our families..."

"It's not a bad idea actually." I reflect. "Sam will be in Australia with Kristie so she can let us use her house for my family to sleep. Your Mom and Alba can sleep in the bedrooms here. It could be a good moment."

"Should I suggest that when I see Mom tomorrow?" Alexia looks at me expectantly.

"You should totally." I nod and kiss her softly.

"Deal." She smiles widely. "First Christmas together."

"And not the last." I wink at her.