Chapter 68

December 22nd, 2023, Cobham, Jayden and Alexia's house

            Two days before Christmas... The time flies by so quickly. It's Christmas break since the beginning of the week, and Alexia is running everywhere to make sure we'll have the most amazing first Christmas together. Our spirit is very light since everything is going well at the moment. We are top of the table with Chelsea, Alexia is the best assist maker of the league, Sam is the top scorer, and we have the best defensive record for now. I'm every lucky with England too, we didn't lose a game since the World Cup, and we are preparing the Olympics in the best way. Alexia is also happy with her National Team. Finally. Jorge Vilda has been replaced by Natalia Arroyo, Arantza Del Puerto is the new Director of Women's Football, and even if the process has just started, the team seems to be very much healthier.

            This morning, Eli, Alba, and her girlfriend, Judith are arriving. Alexia has made sure to be at the airport to pick them up as I am setting up everything in both Sam's and our house. After Christmas, Miriam and Olga are coming too and will spend some days with us. On Christmas day, my family will arrive. My mom, Andy, Annabel, their one-year-and-half-old boy Orson, Rachel, and Millie will be there. Let's just say, we better be ready for some stressful days as we are the ones welcoming everyone.

            I'll be the one cooking for the most part. Eli and my mom want to help me on Christmas night so it's going to be easier. Millie, Annabel, and Rachel are taking care of appetizers while Alexia, Judith, and Alba will oversee the baking of desserts. Only Andy is not tasked with kitchen projects since he has his boy to watch out for.

"Jay! Cariño!" I hear Alexia coming back. "We are here!"

            I walk to the door with some Pink Carnations in hand. My mom always told me it's a sign for "Gratitude and a Mother's Undying Love", so I thought it'll be a nice way to welcome Alexia's family with those.

"They are beautiful, Jayden." Eli hugs me. "Thank you so much."

"My pleasure." I smile. "I'm happy to welcome you here for the first time."

            I greet Alba and meet Judith for the first time. She seems to be pretty similar to Alba but more football oriented, and Alexia told me she is nice, so I think we're going to get along. Nala is here too and barks loudly once she spots me. I pet the small dog and give her some treats I know she loves.

"Very nice attention, my love." Alexia kisses me softly.

"Oh, don't think I haven't thought about you, too." I give her a perfect red rose, and she smiles.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" She whispers against my lips and kisses me again.

"Won't hurt to hear it again." I smirk playfully.

"Ale?" Alba interrupts us and quickly apologizes. "Oops, sorry, but where are the toilets?"

"Follow me." Alexia laughs.

            We spend a nice moment all together and then, we go to Central London. I take my guide role at heart and make sure they will not miss a single thing. There is a slight snow dropping on us as we walk to Covent Garden. Alexia is holding both her mother's arm and mine, Judith and Alba are laughing together behind us. The atmosphere is super great, and we decide to stop in a small coffee in Covent Garden. I can see Eli looking around her taking everything in, and Alexia watches her happily. She leans on me holding my arm in the process.

"Thank you for leading us through the town today." She whispers in my ear.

"Makes me love Christmas." I put my head on top on Alexia's.

"Good thing then." She smiles and kisses me.

            We take another hour wandering around the city and then, we go back home. There is a snowstorm starting as we walk inside the house, and it makes Alba feel like a five-year-old girl. She asks for hot chocolate and a Christmas movie to watch. I quickly accept seeing the pout on the younger Putellas' face. Alexia makes sure everyone will have a nice spot in front the TV (even Nala) and I prepare the hot chocolate.

"Everything is settled, cariño." Alexia walks in the kitchen and to me. "Are you ready?"

"Almost." I smile and hug my girlfriend. "Are you happy?"

"I've never been this happy in my life." She nods. "And I'm not kidding."

"I'm glad to witness this, mi amor." I kiss her meaningfully.

"Oh shit, sorry, again." Alba interrupts once more. "Do you need help with the hot chocolate?"

"Nah, don't worry, I'm done." I chuckle. "Do you want whipped cream or chocolate chips on top?"

"You're the kitchen master, Jay, you decide." Alba smiles widely.

"I'll be here in 5 minutes." I wink at her.

"Need help?" Alexia wonders. 

"I'll show you how to do the Special Pops Hot Chocolate." I nod with a big smile.

            We happily make the five special drinks my father used to do to us during Christmas holidays. Some whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate crips later, we both walk back to the living-room with the drinks and snacks. Alba looks at me with tears in her eyes and gives me a hug.

"This feels like Christmas for the first time since our dad died." She whispers in my ear. "Thank you for bringing back joy to the family."

"If you only knew how reciprocated this is." I whisper back.

"Don't fall in love with my girl, Albs." Alexia warns playfully.

"I won't do that to you, big sist'." Alba laughs.

            I join Alexia and Nala, and we cuddle while drinking our hot chocolate and watching a Christmas movie I've never seen. From time to time, Nala asks for cuddles making us laugh. This is definitely the happiest Christmas in a while.