Chapter 38

June 23rd, 2023, Cobham

            We arrive in Cobham with Alexia. After spending some time with my family, it feels good to be back home. I open the door of my house, and I let Alexia in.

"It's nice for someone who lives alone." Alexia comments.

"I don't even need that much space, but I won't complain." I chuckle. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Water, please, cariño." She nods. "Are you living far away from the training center?"

"Only ten minutes away." I tell her. "I usually go with Sam."

"You are neighbors, right." Alexia remembers and she looks around.

"Give me your bags, I'll put them in the bedroom." I tell her.

"Thank you." She smiles, hands me her bags, and kisses me. "You're the best."

            I smile and walk to my room. I immediately come back, and I see Alexia frustratingly looking at her phone.

"What's up?"  I frown.

"Jorge tries to call me, again." Alexia sighs. 

"Again?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yes, he tried twice this morning already." Alexia informs me. "I guess he heard about the transfer..."

"And?" I chuckle.

"He won't like that." She sighs. "He wanted me to stay in Spain."

"To have more control over you, right?" I understand.

"Yes, he knows once we are out of the country, his power is limited." Alexia nods.

"What about we forget about him for a minute, and we go to your important meeting of the day?" I suggest.

"Let's do that." She agrees.

            We exit the house and drive to the training center. I quickly show her around and then, we wait in front of Emma's office. Emma joins us and she enters her office where Alexia's agent, Paul, and the club's representatives are already waiting. I stay outside and wait. Around 20 minutes later, I see a familiar face entering the training center.

"Look who is there." I smirk and walk to Lauren Hemp. "What's up, Hempo?"

"I'm so glad to see you here." Lauren admits. "I'm scared as fuck." 

"Why?" I laugh.

"I'm meeting with Emma for my contract and all..." She confesses. "I hope everything is going to be alright."

"Of course, it will." I hug her. "Alexia is already in there. You'll see, she'll survive."

"I hope so..." Lauren chuckles.

            We talk about the National Team and next season before Emma's door opens again. Alexia walks away with the brightest smile on her face and she shows me her personalized shirt.

"Number 11?" I chuckle. "Guro is not going to love that."

"She agreed to take the 16, while Magda is going to take the number 6." Emma winks at me. "Don't worry, kid, I've got it sorted while you were tanning in Spain."

"I wouldn't have expected it any other way." I smile. "What about Hempo?"

"Number 12." Hempo smiles. "I'm trying something new."

"I'm sure it'll make the trick." I wink at her.

"Take care of you during the World Cup, kid." Emma points at me. "And thank you for the opportunity." She gestures towards Alexia.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world." I smile and hug my girlfriend.

"Have a nice day, lovebirds." Emma smiles back.

"See you in 3 days, Jay." Lauren waves at us. "See you at the World Cup, Alexia."

"Bye." Alexia waves back. "I feel like we're going to win a lot of things."

"Oh, I don't doubt that my love." I kiss her temple and we walk outside.

            For the rest of the day, Alexia has some media content to do and after that, we head to London so she can discover the city. We spend some quality time just the two of us, and the last day together arrive faster than expected. We are now cuddling on my couch, watching some TV show, and Alexia is talking with her Spanish teammates. Some of them are afraid of the next camp. Jorge seems to be completely mad, even more than before. Some of the staff members told the girls they didn't want to take part in it, but they couldn't let the girls down. What an incredible way to start a competition...

"If something bad happens during camp, just call me, okay?" I whisper and kiss Alexia's shoulder.

"I promise." She nods. "I don't know how I'll do without you, cariño."

"You're strong, and you have friends." I hug her tightly. "It'll be fine."

"I hope you're right." She sighs.

            I hope I am right too... but we'll find out.