Chapter 16

May 4th, 2023, Cobham, Chelsea's Women Training Centre

"You wanted to see me?" Emma makes me sit in front of her desk.

"Yes..." I send her a small smile.

"Please, don't tell me you want to leave..." She frowns.

"No, not at all." I chuckle. "But I maybe have some lead for next year's recruits..."

"I'm not talking transfers with players, Jayden." Emma shakes her head. "And you know it."

"Even if you could sign your dream player?" I smirk.

"What do you mean?" She seems interested. "And who is my dream player?"

"Who would you say?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Alexia Putellas." She answers honestly. "But she'll never leave Barcelona."

"Says who?" I smile.

"Don't make me hope for the best, Jayden..." She points at me.

"I'm kind of friend with her, you know..." I start.

"I saw that." She nods and smirks.

"Well, after the Camp Nou game, she told me she was thinking about leaving. She is not happy with the way Joan Laporta is trying to recruit every midfielder in Europe, and I think the entire Spain thing is getting on her nerves too." I explain. "But she is really scared about the move, she knows it's an all or nothing decision. I suggested I could talk to you, and she was up for it."

"How cautious do we need to be?" Emma seems in a harsh thinking.

"As much as you can." I shrug. "She doesn't know where to start, I think. Maybe if you use the same process as you did with me, it could work."

"You know the numbers could be very high on her transfer... we need to be sure she'll be the best addition to the team and all." Emma reflects.

"We're losing Erin to Barcelona. We both know it." I state. "Alexia will be by far the greatest replacement for that loss."

"How do you see her fit in?" Emma wonders. "In terms of football."

"She is hard-working, loves the ball, loves the game. She sees everything, understand it all, she can be in the midfield or on the wing. She is a bit like Guro but will be absolutely incredible next to Grace." I state.

"And as a person? How do you think she will settle in the team? We are a family now, mainly since your arrival and Grace and Eve's ones. Our last summer transfer period was the best we could have in a team perspective. Could she be a part of it?"

"For what I know, yes." I nod. "Sam and I can help her settle down. I speak Spanish so it could help, and she has friends in England. She won't be lost, and I feel like she needs it very much, so she won't blow her chance..."

"Alright." Emma takes it all in. "Give her my number, if she feels ready to move here, she can call me. We'll see from here." 

"Perfect." I smile.

"Oh, and of course you'll be in charge of her integration, right?" Emma smirks.

"Wouldn't want it any other way." I wink at her and leave the office.

Since the training is over, I go back to my car and drive back home. Usually, I come here with Sam since we are neighbors but since I had to stay a bit longer, we both took our cars. We live 10 minutes away from the training center so it's cool.

When I come home, I do some laundry and decide to call Alexia as we've been talking since the last game.

Ale 🫣❤️ is connecting...