Chapter 65

October 31st, 2023, Cobham, Sam's and Jayden's houses

Sam and I decided to invite all our friends for a big Halloween party. Since our houses are next to one another, we'll use both to party and let people sleep after the party. All the girls from Barcelona, Manchester (United and City), Arsenal, and others like Rachel, Ruesha, or Kyah Simon have been invited. The night has started already and I'm trying to find Sam. I finally do so after twenty minutes. She is in her garden stressing over something I can't define.

"What are you doing here alone, mate?" I wonder. "I was looking for you."

"I am struggling to find the perfect place to propose to Kristie..." She sighs.

"Bro, right now?" I chuckle. "Let's talk about it tomorrow, just have fun now."

"I can't, Jay..." She pouts. "I tried but it comes back too fast."

"Okay..." I sit next to her. "What did you think about?"

"Nice house with a swimming-pool, nice view, sunset..." She pictures the scene.

"Wait, Sam, you do know it's snowing and cold in here around Christmas, right?" I laugh a bit.

"Oh, bright idea, mate." She points at me, and I frown. "I'll bring her to Australia! I know the perfect place there, and it's the summer around Christmas!"

"Could make the trick." I nod. "She'll meet your people this way."

"You're such a good friend!" She stands up. "I need to pay you a beer, come on."

I shake my head at her behavior, and we walk inside her house. I'm immediately met by Leah, Jordan, and Maya. We all laugh together and dance for some time. I see Leah laughing widely and I turn to where she is looking. I see Rafa and Leila dancing super close to each other. Damn. I laugh too once I see Mapi dancing with some unknown girls, but quickly spot Ona running away followed by Ella and Millie. Not good. I dance a bit more with the girls before going to my house, which is only used to sleep after the party. Sam and I also decided it'll be the place we put all the things we can need during the party. I've heard there is no more vodka, so I came to take some. As I am taking the bottle, I hear Ona crying and talking in Spanish. I look in my living-room and see Mapi and Alexia with her.

"Is she okay?" I wonder.

"She'll be." Alexia glares at me.

"Wow, okay..." I frown. "Are you okay?"

"Go back to your friends, Jayden, I am not in the mood." She states.

"Fun..." I look at her surprised.

"Don't worry, mate." Mapi taps my shoulder. "They just need time."

"Is it something I did?" I ask.

"Not really, she just doesn't like the way Maya is always around you." Mapi tells me.

"Oh, damn, she knows there is nothing with Maya." I clench my jaw.

"Don't let that bother you, mate." Mapi side hugs me. "They'll get better."

"I hope so."

We go back to the party and have more fun. Leila is completely leading the fun tonight and she is well accompanied by Rafa. I don't know where this will go but I don't want to be a part of that. I stay with Leah, Jordan, Keira, and Lucy for the rest of the night. Carefully avoiding Maya so Alexia won't get madder.

After a while, I see Ona coming back and Alexia walks to us. She sits next to me and seems relaxed not to find Maya with me. She leans on me and cuddles my side.

"Are you feeling better, mi amor?" I wonder softly.

"I'm going to kill Leila." She sighs. "She can't tell Ona she loves her and three hours later do things like that."

"Damn it, Lei..." I facepalm myself. "What about you? Are you going to tell me why you were so mad at me?"

"I was searching for you. You were nowhere to be seen. I kept searching, I went upstairs, went back home, I started to worry really. And then, I came back here, and you were dancing with Maya. Very close to Maya I must add..." She sighs. "It made me mad as hell."

"I get that." I nod. "But you should have asked me where I was before getting all mad and frustrated."

"Where were you?" She wonders.

"Promise me, you won't tell anyone." I point at her and she nods. "I was with Sam. She is planning to propose to Kristie and was stressing the fuck out on her balcony. She didn't want to join us, so I've helped her with details and now, she is okay to party. You probably saw the only two minutes I've spent with Maya tonight."

"Wow, that's nice! I'm proud Sam is growing some balls." She grins widely. "Sorry I got mad."

"No problem." I kiss her temple. "Next time, just dance with me instead of letting me dance with someone else."

"Is that an invitation?" She smirks.

"Of course." I smile and lead her to the dancefloor.

We spend the night dancing and singing. I agree with Leah to travel to Paris with her, Alexia, and Sam for the Ballon d'Or Ceremony. Then, I do shots contest with Katie, Rachel, and Beth, ending their nights quickly as they had drink way more than me before. Sam, Alexia, and I make sure everyone has a bed to sleep and head to bed after. I hope we won't wake up with more drama than necessary.