Chapter 23

Alexia runs to the ball and hits the ball sending it to the left bottom corner of the goal. It's in. Keira, Virginia, and I jump crazily but quickly sit down realizing the fans are filming us. I laugh with Alba as she is not done celebrating and wants me to keep celebrating. All the Barca girls had run to Alexia, and they are all huddling around her. The sight is clear, it's the end of something. We can see Alexia is crying in Marta's arms from where we are, and it breaks my heart.

Keira goes to the pitch as they all walk back to the stand. Both Barca and Madrid girls do a guard of honor to the Barca captain. I'm not going to lie; tears are rushing up to my eyes, but I manage to control my emotions. I clench my jaw super tightly and look at Alba and Alexia's mom going to the pitch with flowers and gifts. They have prepared a video of people wishing Alexia the best and reminding everyone how great Alexia has been for Barca. During the movie, the RFEF staff install the trophy stage. The fans are wondering what is up and for those who understood, they are crying. Alexia takes the mic and breathes loudly.

"Hoy no es un día fácil para mí. Es el último día que he pasado con esta hermosa camiseta puesta. Ha sido mi mayor aventura. Nunca les agradeceré lo suficiente por lo que hicieron por mí. Me encantó cada segundo de mi vida aquí. No es un adiós, lo prometo. Solo necesito un nuevo desafío y espero verlos a todos pronto. Visca al Barça." (Today is not an easy day for me. It's the last day I've spent with this beautiful shirt on. It has been my greatest adventure. I'll never thank you all enough for what you did for me. I loved every second of my life here. It is not goodbye, I promise. I just need a new challenge and I hope to see you all soon. Visca Barca.)

Everyone cheers and claps at her words. I feel Virginia getting emotional, so I wrap my arms around her waist and side hug her. She wraps hers around my neck and we stay in silence admiring the celebrations around Alexia. The trophy is brought on the stage, the Madrid girls receive their medals and the Barca girls follow. Alexia walks with the trophy in hands, a sad but satisfied smile on her face. She lifts the trophy before being herself lifted in the air by her team. The Madrid girls go to the locker-room and Caroline and Sandie stop to talk with Virginia and me. We try to light up their mood a bit and we chitchat for some time.

"I don't want to look like I want to escape from you guys, but I feel like someone is waiting for you." Sandie winks at me.

I turn my head to where Sandie is looking. I see Alexia talking with her family, Lucy, and Keira. We hug Caro and Sandie and walk back to our friends. Virginia is the first next to Alexia, so I go to Lucy hugging her tightly. She seems very happy here and it's good to see. Virginia taps my shoulder signaling me I can hug Alexia too. The Catalan seems so tired but still tries to jump in the stand. Once she manages, she looks at me exhaustingly and I hug her tightly.

"I'm so glad to see you." She whispers in my ear. "You don't know how much I needed that hug."

"I could only imagine." I whisper back and kiss her neck quickly. "You're still sweating, it's lovely."

"I'm sorry." She laughs and cups my cheek wiping the sweat. "I didn't remember how good looking you are in real life."

"Is that a compliment?" I raise my eyebrows jokingly.

"I mean, you look pretty, always, but now, wow, breathtaking." She blushes and stutters.

"You look hot when you're playing." I whisper in her ear, and she blushes even more. "All focused and bossy."

"I'll show you more of it." She manages to tease back.

"Can't wait." I smirk.

"Guys, stop flirting, we are here." Virginia chuckles.