1. I found you

Cassandra Reid

My skin is cold, my body is numb and the surface seems more and more distant. I can't swim, the air is exhausted, I'll die alone buried under the sea... Then he appears: my Prince Charming. His face is so beautiful and his arms are so strong that he doesn't seem real. He wraps me around his body and then brings us to the surface. So I can breathe again, I am no longer carried by the waves, but I tremble due to the proximity of my savior. Is there a more handsome man? The answer is clear: no.

I try to thank him, but am interrupted by his smoldering smile.
"I found you", he says before kissing me.

His intoxicating scent mixes with mine as our lips desperately devour each other. Our skins touch and the mere contact shakes every part of my aroused body.

"Sii mia moglie, cara".*

I don't have time to respond, as he returns to the attack with his mouth. I'm about to lose my mind. I crave his warmth, his touch. I want all of him and...

I feel something vibrate in my chest, I can't describe it, but the sensations are gradually disappearing, as well as the figure of my prince charming.

My chest vibrates again and when I feel around the site, I discover reality: my man has disappeared, he was just a dream. My eyes are still closed, but I pick up the phone before bringing it to my ear. "Yes?"

"Move your ass", she orders from the other side of the line. "Your boss has arrived and the round will start in five minutes."

"Okay", I answer in a slow, still sleepy voice. I'm very sleepy. Just one more minute.

"What are you doing, Cassandra Reid?". The scream wakes me up completely. "Wake up now or you'll be back in San Francisco before it's time"

"I'm awake, I'm awake", I profess before ending the call.

I slip on my slippers, stretch quickly, and wash my face. Then, I run down the hall. I finish making my tail when I arrive at the living room's reception.

"Here are the files", She hands me the numerous folders along with a glass of coffee. "Doctor Rossi will start with the twins's case."

"Okay", I nod. "Thanks, Leah. You're the best."

"I know", he smirks. "Now hurry up."

"I love you!", I exclaim as I make my way to the corresponding room.

"Doctor Reid", my boss is already at the door waiting for me. I don't know how he does it, but the man manages to always get there before me. It doesn't matter how early I get up or how much I hurry up.

"Good morning, Doctor Rossi."

"I hope you have studied this case very well, Dr. Reid or yoy won't get into my operating room.

Is it forbidden to hate the boss? Because I hate mine. He may be the best Pediatric Surgeon in Florence, but I can't help but see him as a bitter egomaniac. Two years working in his team, proving my worth, excelling even more than surgeons themselves and he continues to exploit me like the first day.

Could it be because I am American? I've heard rumors from the staff about his former American girlfriend. It is said that since the spectacular break between Miranda Thompson and Dr. Rossi, the man hates American women. So far I have refused to believe it, 'cause it seems ridiculous to me. However, I am beginning to doubt.

"I have, doctor", I answer.

"I don't want empty promises but demonstrations, Dr. Reid", he warns me before entering the room with my colleagues who have been arriving little by little.