55. I'm yours

Cassandra Reid

My friends try to distract me, but I can't. I can't stop thinking about the accident, Adriano in a coma, the attack... Too much information. I try not to let myself be overcome by stress, because it is the least we need at this time. However, the anguish installed in my stomach will not go away until they find the guilty.

I am aware my husband took me out of the room to talk about it with the policeman and to be honest, I prefer it that way. I've made him a promise, and if I hear anything about the investigation, I won't keep it.

A click in front of my eyes brings me out of my ramblings and I do a little jump.

"Eat it all," my best friend demands with an attitude very much like my husband's. "But what is going on with you two?". Now she turns to Wendy too. "You are on the moon."

"Someone tried to kill my husband, Leah," I plead in my defense. "I think my attitude is understandable, don't you think?"

"I get it, but you can't let the situation affect you that much, Cassie," she hurriedly wraps her hands around mine. "You must trust your Italian and the police. Everything will be resolved."

"I'm trying, my friend," I declare after a loud snort. "I am trying."

"What about you, hot redhead?", she asks the gynecologist, who looks too thoughtful. "You've been with that attitude all morning."

The table falls into a deep silence, waiting for a response.

"The asshole is leaving today," she comments absently.

I can't believe she's talking about...

"The asshole?", the nurse asks.

"Doctor Rossi," the American responds, "he's leaving today."

"Shouldn't we be celebrating then?", Leah continues to attack her with questions as a crazy idea forms in my head.

'Is it possible?'

"What's wrong, Wendy?", I decide to intervene. "As far as I know, you hate him with all your might."

"And I do...", she jumps automatically, "but it's just... Aaah", she makes a small groan. "It's complicated. Sometimes I want to cut his jugular, sometimes I want to slap him hard and at times... I feel like feeling every single muscle on him. It's frustrating!"

"Do you like him?", I ask.

"I don't know," she admits honestly. What a brown has been armed. I watch her gulp, which tells me there's more. "Last night... I made out with him in the residents room."

"Oh my Gosh!", Leah and I exclaim at the same time. I appreciate my mother-in-law left a while ago.

"Was there touching?" The Italian girl can't help but bring out her gossipy vein.

Although Wendy seems very eager to give information, she unashamedly nods stealing another gasp from us.

"We didn't get past second base, but it was very... exhilarating."

"I can imagine," I huff in disbelief.

Santino Rossi's problem with Americans is very serious. And my friend is not far behind. If she falls for him... I don't even want to imagine how this will end, but I want to find out.

"Please tell me I'm crazy."

"You've gone crazy," the nurse anticipates me. "Although it's understandable. After all, the guy is hotter than cheese."

We cannot continue, since we are interrupted by the mobile alarm.

"Working day begins", the truth is neither of them looks very animated, but they still accompany me to Adriano's room before leaving.