11. It's show time

Cassandra Reid

I finish adjusting gold straps on my shoes while my friend touches up my hairstyle.

"Ready", she concludes, examining me from top to bottom. "You are terrific. Your Italian has good taste in clothes."

I take in the way the dress hugs my discreet curves like a second skin. The green emerald color highlights my eyes of the same tone and golden details make a spectacular and exclusive design.

"Yes", I agree, "it's beautiful."

"The bouncers have been waiting at the door for more than half an hour", my other roommate announces, rushing in. However, looking at me he freezes. "Wow... Cassie, you're..."

“Say it”, Leah urges, “spectacular falls short.

"Hell yeah!", he snorts. "Simply perfect. Are you really going to marry Adriano Di Lauro? Forgive me for asking again for thousandth time, but I still find it incredible."

"Believe me, Romeo", I give him a half smile, "I find it hard to believe it too..., but yes, I will be the next Italy's bride"

"This is all very strange, Cassandra Reid". The resident is not a goofy hair and of course, he has not believed the story that I have known my future husband for some time. "However, I will not ask you more. You will have your reasons for not telling me."

"Thank you, Romeo". I lean in to kiss his cheek. "You really make justice to your name."

"Only with you, hot woman", he clarifies with her usual jocular tone. "I still keep my hopes up. The Man of Steel is a strong opponent, but not impossible to beat."

"It is not necessary that you compete with him", I indicate to play along, "In my heart there will always be a space for you."

"Oh, my Gosh", he puts a hand to her chest tragically, "you've already killed me. And so you expect me to give up on you? That's never going to happen."

"Stop the clowning and let her go, she's late", my best friend reprimands him, pointing his hairbrush at him. The image is very funny.

"It is customary for the bride to be late."

"You're right...", I confirm, "but on wedding day, not the engagement party."

"Then don't keep your Italian waiting any longer."

At the exit of the apartment I am greeted by three men in suits, who lead me to a luxury BMW van.

'Like if I was the first lady', I huff to myself.

Despite the short distance, the trip seems eternal to me. I'm nervous, because now there is no turning back.

As soon as I get out of this vehicle, I have to smile from ear to ear and pretend to be the most in love woman in the world.

"You're late", my fiancé tells me as soon as I get out of the car.

"I'm sorry."

How can I tell him being on time is not one of my qualities?

He doesn't say anything else, he just reaches out his arm to me, as if he were about to walk down the aisle and not climb the steps of his mansion.

I take a deep breath before accepting his offer and heading out together.

He doesn't give me time to analyze the mansion in detail, as he leads me directly into the backyard of the mansion. However, a quick look is enough to impress me and when I arrive at the place where the party seems to be taking place, I am stunned.