50. Ours

Cassandra Reid

I get to the bedroom furious and close the door with a loud slam. Then, I kick the same door. My blood boils irrationally and I can't control it.

It doesn't take long for my husband to catch up with me. "Cara...", he cautiously tries to approach, but he stops at my gesture.

Is it possible that he was able to intimidate the Man of Steel?

"The next time I claim to have something to say to you, listen to me!", I demand with a high-pitched tone.

"Okay," he replies tersely. Then he goes back to trying to get to me.

"Don't you dare touching me," I warn him with a raised eyebrow. "I am very angry, Adriano Di Lauro."

"I can see it," he replies with a hint of teasing in his voice.

I let out a roar of frustration before spinning on my feet. If we're still in the same room, I swear I'll kill him. I go into the bathroom and lock the door behind me before I begin to undress. Maybe a bath will relax me.

"Cassandra", he calls to me from the other side. However, I had to ignore it and continue my work.

Then, I hear a loud bang before the door gives way. A squeal escapes my lips at the unexpected noise, and then I throw a tantrum as he lifts me into the shower, with clothes and all.

"But what have you done, you piece of beast?", I claim hitting his shoulders with my fists.

"Beast?", He flashes a lopsided grin.

He's having fun at my expense, bastard!

"Yes!", I reaffirm furiously, "gross, idiot, jerk...", I don't stop hitting him.

"Are we already with hormones up?"

I scream as loud as I can in frustration. Then he silences me with a wild kiss. His hands travel down my back to my buttocks as the hot water soaks our bodies. The flame of desire ignites in the pit of my stomach and in a matter of seconds, I go from anger to arousal.

He parts our lips just a few seconds to catch his breath, leaving us hyperventilating.

"I'm sorry, okay?", He apologizes. "Next time you have something to say to me, I will listen to you immediately."

I am stunned on the spot. Adriano Di Lauro has just retracted...

"I thought the Man of Steel didn't make mistakes", I point out in surprise, "much less he apologized."

"That's right," he confirms with a strange expression on his face, "but apparently every rule has its exception... and you are mine, Cassandra Di Lauro," he gives me a brief kiss. "Only with you, honey."

He catches my lips again so he won't let them go for hours, turning the bathtub into one of my favorite places to make love.

We went down the stairs hand in hand, to the applause of the family. The congratulations are immediate and the children shout with joy, something that causes me great relief. Just as I feared Adriano's reaction, I also had my doubts about theirs.

"And is it a girl or a boy?", Ella asks.

"We don't know yet, honey", I answer with a smile sitting in an armchair. "He or she is still very small."

"How much small?", her brother dudes.

"Well..." I narrow my eyes at my husband, who watches us amused. Why do these explanations always fall to me? "Very tiny, like a pea."

"Oh!", they exclaim in astonishment. "And how do you make babies?"

I suddenly get a coughing fit and my husband rushes to my rescue. At this rate I'll die before I'm thirty. If the father doesn't finish me off, his children will. The worst thing is no matter how hard we try to distract them, they don't forget the question. That is why I am forced to tell them the story of little seed and water with a completely red face due to embarrassment.