ℳ𝘢𝕤𝔂𝘢𝕗 𝓗𝘢𝔂𝔟𝘢⍳𝓮𝕤 - ꙘӀŧ𝖆ï𝝘 x 𝕽ᵉ𝖆ɗᵉ𝝘

Me: *eating raspberry Jaffa cakes in my room*

Shay: *walks in* Ash?

Me: *stops eating* Yeah?

Shay: Edward and I are going fishing on the Jackdaw, want to come with us?

Me: As long as the boom doesn't hit me and we also have to sail to the Toronto skyline.

Shay: Alright then lass, get ready because we're heading out in an hour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TW: Abuse, intense language, gore, weapons, mentions of SA, suicide

Context: You were born into the Assassin Brotherhood, and you're the best friend of Altaïr. After he gets stripped of his rank and has to hunt the 9 Templars Al Mualim assigned him to assassinate, he and you become closer... (gender neutral, Maria exists in the story but Altaïr chooses to kill her instead of sparing her)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

The empty courtyard of Masyaf gives off echoes of your running feet as you attempt to escape your father. You had just caught him with another woman and you ran to tell your mother as soon as you realized what was happening. Now he was trying to get rid of you for good. 

You spot a boy your age sparring by himself and quickly hide behind him. Your eyes were brimming with tears as you hid behind him. "Help me," you whisper. He understands immediately and turns to face your father, sword in hand.

"Have you seen a child run through here?" your father asks the boy you were hiding behind. "If you did something wrong, maybe you should kill yourself before your wife finds out," the boy said, his voice cold and venomous. "You can take my sword if you like."

Your father pondered the boy's words for a moment, then he took the sword and stabbed himself in the heart, but before he died he whispered with tears streaming down his face, "Allah, forgive me for I have tried to kill my own blood and committed adultery. I love my child so much and wish that I could be a part of their life." 

With that last word, his body fell limp, blood pouring from the wound. "FATHER!" you scream in anguish, your voice reverberating around the fortress. The boy puts his hand on your shoulder and he starts to hold you close as you cry.

19 years later (You and Altaïr are both 26, the age when the events of Assassin's Creed take place)

Your POV

"Altaïr, you fucking nutjob!" you yell as you run beside him, cutting the Templar army down. "What? So I may have broken the tenets of the Creed, it's no big deal!" he yells back as he slams his hidden blade through the head of one Templar soldier, bottom to top. "Al Mualim is so going to get you for this, dumbfuck." you mutter. 

Later, as you heard Al Mualim demoting Altaïr to a Novice and the argument that ensued (Quick A/N: I know this is isn't actually what happened in the game I'm just reimagining it so it fits with the story more), Altaïr finally walked out of the library, seething. "What did the great and powerful Altaïr fuck up this time? Did he break the tenets of the Creed and leave his men behind?" you say sarcastically. "Y/N please, I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm right now." Altaïr sighs as he walks to his room.